Group Buy: Koni FSD/Eibach Kit - Octavia MkII & Fabia

Makefish

In conjunction with our friends and site sponsors JKM, we are pleased to offer the first of hopefully many group buys, the first being for the Koni FSD shock absorbers and Eibach lowering spring kit for the Skoda Octavia MkII. The combination of Koni and Eibach is widely regarded as the best combination optimising road comfort with much improved handling. You only need to read the recent review in VW Car Magazine to know that you NEED these!.

Edit: Hot news, this offer is now open to Fabia owners too at the same attractive price of £575. Please contact me or JKM for further information.

JKM are offering the Koni/Eibach kit supplied and fitted at their first class workshop facility in Portsmouth for an all inclusive price of £575 including VAT, a saving of £100 (more if you take into account of the imminent price increase from Koni!!!). Of course at that price you would expect a catch and there are a few rules to qualify for this offer:-

1. We need a minimum of 5 cars.

2. Cut off date will be Friday 16th February.

3. A deposit of 50% must be paid prior to the cut off date to qualify for the discount (the ballance to be paid on the day of fitting).

You will also need to make a visit to JKM prior to an order being placed because VAG in their wisdom have produced two different diameters of 'bump stops' on their OEM shocks therefore JKM need to check this size before any order can be placed (Applies to the Octavia's only). Fitting will be by prior arrangement and will take between 3-4 hours.

This is not officially organised by Briskoda and therefore Briskoda cannot be held responsible for any wrong doing or legal matter arising from this group buy.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to, but fear that the timing may not suit, I spent £180 at the RR day (which is much less than some chaps :D I agree)

As long as you pay the 50% (£287.50) before the cut off date you can have them fitted sometime in March possibly early April if that would suit?.

LATEST NEWS: Offer extended to Fabia drivers too so if you want to take advantage of this genuine offer then get your names on the list.

We only need 5 to qualify for the all inclusive price of £575!.

Please cna peeps keep the "chatter" to a minimum...it makes it easier to manage the group buy. If you have question please PM Steve and he'll answer you directly and perhaps, posdt up a FAQ of all quetions asked.

Ta.:thumbup:

1. Makefish

2.Chris

Sorry to ask in here but my PM box is a bit full but are these for any Octy II or only those with sports suspension.

If it is for any what is the drop on std suspension and what is the drop on sports suspension.

Ta

From what I have been reading, the Koni FSD / Eibach combi does not actually drop the car at all, I could be wrong though. Been doing some research after steve sent me an articel and had a good trawl round the mk5 golf forums

It's all about fine tuning low speed ride compliance whilst keeping things firmed up nicely when driving in a spirited fashion

Edit - Sorry Adrian, just noticed your post on chatter, feel free to delete this

Sorry to ask in here but my PM box is a bit full but are these for any Octy II or only those with sports suspension.

If it is for any what is the drop on std suspension and what is the drop on sports suspension.

Ta

Having checked out Eibach's website it looks like they use the same springs on ALL Octy IIs and they lower 'standard' by 30mm and vRS (& Sport) by 20mm. Remember the vRS/Sport are 15mm lower than standard to start with.

For me; I'm tempted BUT have only just ordered my vRS TDI and am not sure of delivery dates so am hesitant to commit AND I have put eibach on two previous cars (Omega Estate & Fabia mpi) and felt uncomfortable on them, so I'd likely just get the FSDs, presumably saving the cost of the eibachs. I have found the ride on the firm and jiggly side on the vRS and would really appreciate the comfort of the FSDs.

Shall I or shall I not?

PS> here is a link to eibachs's application list - Heinrich Eibach GmbH go to application list Skoda, Octavia, and the Pro-kit

i thought i better say..... i fitted the koni fsd shocks and koni springs to my fabia about 3 days ago..... and they are brilliant, much quieter than the oe suspension was, and the handling is 10 times better now... well worth the money!

Hi Folks :)

We have had a few enquiries regarding just fitting the Koni FSD Shocks to the Octavias without the Eibach Springs. We can do this not a problem.

I am happy to offer a group buy fitted price for those who just want the FSD shocks fitted.

Our normal retail price for this is £515 inc VAT fitted. The group buy price would be £465 inc VAT fitted. If you are interested in this then please add you name to the list and state if you want FSD & Eibach or just FSD.

Kate @ JKM

Hi I am intrested in this, is there any way of telling what bump stops my car has without going to Portsmouth ?Octy VRS2 Jan 06 model

I live in Cambs so a long way to go for a look.

Thanks

Gaz

Looks like most are 55mm but if you contact JKM they may be able to find out from your VIN number.

Hi I am intrested in this, is there any way of telling what bump stops my car has without going to Portsmouth ?Octy VRS2 Jan 06 model

I live in Cambs so a long way to go for a look.

Thanks

Gaz

JKM told me that your skoda dealer can check the 'build spec' of your car using the VIN number and therefore whether you have the 50 or 55mm front struts. This is what I will do, as I have only just ordered my car and want to get the FSDs fitted ASAP once I take delivery.

Otherwise I guess it is a case of finding out, probably from JKM, which specific part of the strut you need to measure, getting some calipers and measuring them.

Hi Folks :)

Anymore takers on the group buy. Only a few days remaining to add your name to the list. I have also offered the same deal over to our friends on seatcupra.net and we nearly have our 5.

Please add your name to the list below if you wish to take part:

Current List -

1. Makefish

2. Bahnstormer vrs - Octy FSDs only

Just to recap -

Koni FSD & Eibach Pro Spring Kit supplied and fitted for an all inclusive price of £575

Koni FSD's only supplied and fitted for an all inclusive price of £465

If you have any questions please feel free to PM, email or call me

Thanks

Kate :)