Mazda 6 MPS

Royston

So there I was, sedately returning from the Audi dealership, planning who I was going to rob in order to pay for a rather nice Avant model I've been lusting after for the past year or so, when I thought I'd just pop into Mazda to see if the had any used RX8 PZ's.

They didn't and Mrs R's wheel chair will definitely not fit through the letter box opening that is the boot. So the salesman points me in the direction of the 6 MPS. 2.3 Turbo, 4WD, 260PS, 0-60 6.6 seconds. It comes with a boat load of standrd kit including BOSE 6 CD changer, full leather, cruise control, climate control and it's a pretty nice Q car to boot.

Then he says they've got some pre registered 56 plate, delivery mile models with

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lovely car i think, looks nice and not over the top and goes like billy-o, a very capable car as standard :)

sounds like plenty of kit too :thumbup:

its the future i tell thee all this new fangled 4WD turbo wotsits :P

This is secretly one of my favourite motors. I test drove the 3 MPS a few weekends ago and it blew me away. I know atleast one other briskodian who would sell a kidney for one. ;)

Awesome car, and a very good price too.

Tom

I thought that had the 2.5 5 cylinder from the st? correct me if im wrong. I remember TG testing it last serise they raved about it as a unsung kinda car. Though i am a fan of the 2.7 TDI A4 avant my dad has.

I thought that had the 2.5 5 cylinder from the st? correct me if im wrong. I remember TG testing it last serise they raved about it as a unsung kinda car. Though i am a fan of the 2.7 TDI A4 avant my dad has.

You are wrong, totally different engine. :)

Do like them, and blimey they're rare! Not seen one about yet, and they've been out a while haven't they? Sounds like a good deal that. But does that perhaps say they're not selling all that well if his opening gambit is a 4k off list offer?! People having a problem with the badge maybe?

But would I have one over an S4? That's a really difficult one ..... (seriously!)

Steve

Every man and his dog has an Audi nowadays, although I have always liked them.

The Mazda has a great reputation as a reliable slightly 'off centre' buy.

Plus there is the badge exclusivity factor.

the mazda is a nice alternative and at a good price too.

personally i would and am going for the audi but im biased ;)

and apparently audis are crap anyhoo..............................:rolleyes:

go mazda! :thumbup:

Be warned!!!!

There will be a load of pre-registered 6 MPS's around that Mazda used on their "Renesis driver training" PR days in the summer of last year.

They were driven very hard all day long for about a week by stunt drivers. They had them doing J-turns, handbrake turns, passenger rides etc.

They must be in the dealer network somewhere.

Those that I saw were a blueish-silver metalic or black

So there I was, sedately returning from the Audi dealership, planning who I was going to rob in order to pay for a rather nice Avant model I've been lusting after for the past year or so, when I thought I'd just pop into Mazda to see if the had any used RX8 PZ's.

They didn't and Mrs R's wheel chair will definitely not fit through the letter box opening that is the boot. So the salesman points me in the direction of the 6 MPS. 2.3 Turbo, 4WD, 260PS, 0-60 6.6 seconds. It comes with a boat load of standrd kit including BOSE 6 CD changer, full leather, cruise control, climate control and it's a pretty nice Q car to boot.

Then he says they've got some pre registered 56 plate, delivery mile models with £4K knocked off list, so £19,995 for a brand spanker in effect.

Suddenly my attention has been rudely diverted from the 3 year old, 30K mile German. The Mazda is cheaper, less on insurance and more economical. And it's new and comes with a warranty.

I just wonder if I went for this deal whether 6 months down the line, I see the Teutonic Avant looming large in my rear view mirror pressuring me to get out of the fecking way and I think "Bugger".

That sounds like a good deal, my nearest Mazda dealer is also a Skoda dealer (Mitchels on the Wirral) so perhaps I would get a fair trade in :rubchin: If they had pre-registered MPS 6s in for that price, I think I'd go for it.

Dave.

Be warned!!!!

There will be a load of pre-registered 6 MPS's around that Mazda used on their "Renesis driver training" PR days in the summer of last year.

They were driven very hard all day long for about a week by stunt drivers. They had them doing J-turns, handbrake turns, passenger rides etc.

They must be in the dealer network somewhere.

Those that I saw were a blueish-silver metalic or black

Just the same as the Octavia vRS's that were honked around all week at the Bedford Autodrome then on the launch...lol

probably the same as every slightly sporty car that is launched :)

Yep.

But the Renesis thing was a bit different, all those RX8 PZs, MX5s etc. Driven by Joe Public all day long for days on end. :(

Wouldn't put me of the MPS6 though for that money. :)

I thought that had the 2.5 5 cylinder from the st? correct me if im wrong.

Mazda 6 MPS , uses a modified 2.3ltr version of the 1.8/2.0 ltr engine which is used in the Ford Mondeo , i've only had a quick go in one , seemed ok but didn't really light my fire , but as a sleeper car it would be ideal

But the Renesis thing was a bit different, all those RX8 PZs, MX5s etc. Driven by Joe Public all day long for days on end. :(

Sounds much like the Octavia vRS launch then. Two weeks of people from dealers etc thrapping around the autodrome. Then cars were checked over and sold onto dealers.

This thread got me interested enough to visit my local dealer, they didn't have a 6 MPS on display but my attention was attracted to a 3 MPS. That is one seriously good value car, it reminds of the value for money that Skoda used to be about 5 years ago. For £18,995 (before any discounts that you can negotiate), you get 260PS, leather (with cloth inserts), climate, 18" wheels, Bose sound system (which sounded as good or better than any standard manufacturer fit that I've heard), Xenon headlights with auto adjust, auto wipers, steering mounted controls for audio etc and the list goes on. It's tremendous value and when I asked what options are available the salesman remarked "not much really, you can specify an aero pack (spoiler, lowering etc) for £500 but not much else, it's already fitted".

I'm going to test drive one.

Dave.

And EVO also rate the Vectra VXR as a very good car which is over looked because of the Vauxhall badge on it.

The Vectra is a bit more in your face with its looks but you can get some great deals on them.

Also a re-map etc will take the VXR to 280+Bhp easily and for £3 grand you can change the turbo's etc and have one with a top speed of 189mph!!!!

And EVO also rate the Vectra VXR as a very good car which is over looked because of the Vauxhall badge on it.

The Vectra is a bit more in your face with its looks but you can get some great deals on them.

Also a re-map etc will take the VXR to 280+Bhp easily and for