New Superb?

Fabia156

Interesting, as early reports were that it would use the same platform as the current Audi A6, but those pictures don't seem to support that. Couldn't see the two section tailgate really either.:confused:

I think i see the mechanism for having 2-part tailgate in the two photos. look at the boot "hinge" in the booted shot, then look at the "bulges" partway down the sides of the tailgate version, and the black components where the bootlid would fit into the side of the body (hope you're following me here - may need to zoom in a bit on pics and up the brightness a little).

Looks to me like the hatch model has "locked straight" boot hinges in those "bulges" so it all lifts; booted model has unlocked hinges and the hatch top is locked down. I could imagine the mechanism being user-set . See what I am driving at ?? I do think these 2 shots are of the same vehicle.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for my bad English, I`m from Russia, Moscow! It is glad that it was pleasant to you to a photo, it too very much to like me, front as BMW =)! I heard, that they wish to present a final variant in the summer. And manufacture, I think, will begin only in following year!

If that arrives before April 2008, it would tick all the boxes::D :D

Has to be a hatchback

Would like it to be a Skoda (but not too keen on the octy styling Needs to look a bit more evil)

Needs a double din aperture for Audio/Nav

Would like to have DSG

SUPERB!!!! :thumbup::D

See the difference !!!

FDV190fdf_sub9.JPG

FDV190fde_sub7.JPG

It is said the new SuperB will have unique patented system allowing opening the boot either like limo (just the steel part) or like hatch (with rear window). ;)

Two types of radio ;)

With removable front panel

FDV190fe1_sup3.JPG

This new gps with touch screen (price in CZ 2150GBP app) will be availble for Octy, too.

FDV190fdf_sup1.jpg

I have a bit of a problem.

Just eaten two packets of rich tea biscuits but still can't stop slobbering each time I see the pictures.

Better start saving ! I have to get one.

I do not see the American design in this car, it is the Europe :)

Going purely on the first photo in the thread the grill is heavily chromed, the beetle browed lights give a vindictive look and the bonnet is heavily conoured and retro. Elliott Ness returns to fight crime in a big Audi.

I understood about awesome front car!

Example of the american design this new mitsubishi galant!

But don`t understand about "Elliott Ness" and "big Audi"! =(

Just a joke. Elliot Ness was the leader of a group of organised crime fighters in the 1930s. Noted for hanging off the running boards of a bow fronted car with a machine gun. The new Superb has that slightly Batman Returns feel to it. Prestige european cars like Audi seem to have a bit of an identity crisis, go for a downplayed minimal appearance or a big muscle bound look.

I'd have to see it in the flesh to tell whether I like it or not. The current Fabia is the best looking Skoda since the 60's (no I don't have one). Just an opinion, no expertise on my part.

Looking at the pics again, which I keep doing, it seems like the back looks similar to the proposed new Mondeo from Ford.

I was hoping deep down that the new Superb was going to take its influence from the Phaeton, a car I love!