Creaking Drivers Seat.

BAAHEED

Can't remember if it was posted here or on the other side but can anyone enlighten me about the problem of the creaking seat as mine has now started this and is driving me up the wall.

I suspect a broken weld brought about by the G forces of throwing 18 stone + into fast corners. :shock:

Will I get a membership to Fat Club under my warranty ?

is this just for you yellow lads or can anyone join in.......my seats (driver and passenger) had the same problem for a while but have stopped now - is this good or bad - i.e. if the welding is an issue it is a bit of a concern......

is this just for you yellow lads or can anyone join in.......my seats (driver and passenger) had the same problem for a while but have stopped now - is this good or bad - i.e. if the welding is an issue it is a bit of a concern......

I heard you the first time Ross.

No seriously though I had a similar thing happen to my VW Sharan and it turned out to be a weld that had broken and this sounds identical in noise.

My passangers side seat started to squeak/creak last summer when on the bumpy roads in Donegal, the noise was from underneath. I increased the height and put some oil on a paint brush (so not to get dribbles on the floor) and applied it in around the movable joints under the seat, it happened a second time so I did the same but has been alright since. I suppose it was dry around the moveable points.

When I had an Astra there was a clicking noise from the drivers seat, it was the welded joints in the seat frame, it was changed a couple of times under warranty. Its was really annoying.