Life On Mars

Loz

There are NO more of this, There is supposed to be a spin off supposedly called Ashes To Ashes.

Strange ending YES ! - The hint is in what the barman said - "If you dont feel anything, then you're not alive "

I think I have got my head around it but it is hard to explain.Real life i.e. 2007 didn't make him feel alive,but the strange dreaming of the coma made him feel more alive than now ever could so he chose to go back.

:confused:

Think thats it

Kathy

P.S.still can't get Bowie out of my head

Yeah thats what I kinda made of it too, although it was kinda odd.

What was the song playing in that room when he was asking Annie to stay with him for the night?

There are NO more of this, There is supposed to be a spin off supposedly called Ashes To Ashes.

Yeah it looks like a BBC person has confirmed in an interview that the spin-off 'Ashes to Ashes', (Continuing the David Bowie theme), is going ahead and will follow Gene Hunt and the other characters showing how they are getting along in 1981.

Don't forget there's also the US version of Life on Mars currently being written by the same writers which should be out end of 2007 / beginning 2008.

Was a little disappointed at the ending. I did think i was going to be proved right at one point in my assumption that 1973 was real all along and he had dreamt 2006..... But then that idea got scuppered. Will have to get the Season 2 DVD to go with the Season 1 DVD i already have.... And hope they include the alternate ending they filmed as part of the extras!!!!

Cheers

Dave.

Just goes to prove we can make top telly in this country without rubbish from america or bloody hopeless "reality" TV and the ending? It was about which 'reality' he wanted, not which was actually real, choices, life is what you want it to be etc.

The 1970's couldn't have been real, as Sam mentioned computers, databases , and all the slang terms for heroine, that no one else knew, they all thought he was bonkers. :)

I didnt particularly get into it on the first episodes so I gave up watching it. Up until the penultimate and final episodes :rolleyes: . Typical.

Anywho, from what I saw from them 2 episodes it must have been pretty boring before them, as the story was so simple I was able to get into it and barely enjoy the final 2 episodes. :o

I was out for the first half of the Man U match and got back to watch Life on Mars (promised SWMBO that I would watch it with her not the footy!) D'OH!

Still haven't seen any of the goals and felt let down by Mars' ending... :confused:

I think I was expecting too much after some spiel I read

which said "the ending will blow your mind!"

Well, my mind is definitely unblown - having said this I will probably watch Ashes to Ashes from beginning to end!

I am such a lemming. :D

The 1970's couldn't have been real, as Sam mentioned computers, databases , and all the slang terms for heroine, that no one else knew, they all thought he was bonkers. :)

Yeah thats what I thought

I didnt particularly get into it on the first episodes so I gave up watching it. Up until the penultimate and final episodes :rolleyes: . Typical.

Anywho, from what I saw from them 2 episodes it must have been pretty boring before them, as the story was so simple I was able to get into it and barely enjoy the final 2 episodes. :o

It wasn't a case of complexity, if you didn't enjoy them then you obviously don't appreciate humour

It wasn't a case of complexity, if you didn't enjoy them then you obviously don't appreciate humour

I was in stitches at a few of Gene Hunts sayings......... Don't think i should post them on here though......

Cheers

Dave.

Chatting to a cameraman whose wife interviewed some of the peeps working on Mars. The new show will be based on an 80s theme and the Sam Tyler type role will be taken by a single mum. This should give Gene Hunt someone to be very non PC against and also allow us to see how Hunt copes in the slightly more ‘by the book 80’s’ police force.

Can’t wait for it. I love Gene hunt.

Yeah thats what I thought

Was there humour in there like :confused: :rofl:

But then I did only watch 2 episodes ( and one of them I was only half watching, half homework-ing)

I was in stitches at a few of Gene Hunts sayings......... Don't think i should post them on here though......

Cheers

Dave.

Me too, he was pretty funny!

And that last one, in the pub when that other guy (I've forgotten his name) was telling Sam about the nurse he'd fallen in love with and sam said 'she sounds enigmatic' and he's like 'no...she's from barnsley...'

lmfao!

Nowt wrong with Barnsley.. ;)

The guy who said that actually sang at Monk Bretton Working Mens Club the other week, in Barnsley.

He should stick to acting, as he was not very good at singing. I've forgot his name, but I'm sure he's from Rotherham

Nowt wrong with Barnsley.. ;)

The guy who said that actually sang at Monk Bretton Working Mens Club the other week, in Barnsley.

He should stick to acting, as he was not very good at singing. I've forgot his name, but I'm sure he's from Rotherham

He's called Dean Andrews...... I'm pretty sure he's either from Rotherham or Barnsley....... Liz White who plays Annie is from Rotherham though.

Cheers

Dave.

just watched it tonight , thought it was very good , i agree with Loz about the humour , i've enjoyed both series and have had a good laugh at times

apparently the ashes to ashes series will be filmed in London , as Gene Hunt is transferred to the Met