Fabia vrS Seatbelt warning

I noticed tonight that my vrS does not have a warning light / sound when the drivers seatbelt is not in use. Is this correct?

I have a dashboard warning light that comes on when the rear seats are tilted forward, but no warning when I don't have seatbelt on?

Is this correct?

I noticed tonight that my vrS does not have a warning light / sound when the drivers seatbelt is not in use. Is this correct?

I have a dashboard warning light that comes on when the rear seats are tilted forward, but no warning when I don't have seatbelt on?

Is this correct?

I never knew about that one..... I've even driven with one of the rear seats folded forward in the past but never got a warning light.......

What light is it???

Cheers

Dave.

The light for the rear seat warns you if it is not locked in it's support properly.

Useful if anyone is likely to be sitting in the back, as I suppose in an accident, the seat will jerk forward and could cause serious back injuries.

The light for the rear seat warns you if it is not locked in it's support properly.

Useful if anyone is likely to be sitting in the back, as I suppose in an accident, the seat will jerk forward and could cause serious back injuries.

hmmmm as posted above i have driven my car with the seats folded down but have never had a warning light on the dash....... What does the light look light?

Unless this is something that was either discontinued before my 06 plate car..... Or implemented after my 06 plate car.

Cheers

Dave.

Well........ I've just been out to the car park to check....... I only have the dip beam & main beam lights at the top between the dials.... I confirmed this with the manual too....... Just in case i tried moving the backs seats slightly forward but defo no light on the dash........ I would have thought this was something added late on rather than something on the early cars then removed....... Mine is an 06 reg built in March / April 2006.

I reckon it's a feature of the last few facelifted cars with the body coloured handles etc.......

Cheers

Dave.

The light will come on and clear when you first turn on the ignition iirc.

Dont remmeber tbh when they turned up, didnt know anything about them myself until I spotted one on a PDi.

Yeah that's what i tried..... Unclipped back seat.... Then turned on ignition but nowt....... I checked and you can see the outline of the headlights / main beam lights but nothing in between them.... And no mention of it in the manual either.

Cheers

Dave.

Ok the plot thickens......... We have older and newer cars than my own that have the rear seat indicator but not mine!!!!! I want another gadget on my car!!!!! :D

Cheers

Dave.

On mine the rear seat tilted indicator shows up between the temperature and fuel gauge. Mine's '04

image006ge4.th.jpg

Same here on my '04. It goes out by itself after a while, presumably to avoid annoying you when you are legitimately driving with the backrests down. The microswitch is built into one of the backrest latches.