Phone Camera Picture Thread

Now that phone cameras are getting better, I wondered if any peeps fancied showing their pictures off so that we can see just how good a quality shot they can produce as well as perhaps being a little artistic.

I find that I only have one slightly higher quality (File size, not artistic quality) image stored on my phone so here it is. Sorry that it is just my pushbike and I have posted it before, but it's a start. Please feel free to post anything that you snap and please state what sort of phone you took the picture with.

If it proves popular, then inspired by a similar thread on a Canon forum where challenges are set every week for various camera models, I thought it might be interesting to try it with phone cameras. Basically a theme is produced every week such as

these are all exactly as they came off the phone except resizing them as 2048x1536 is a tad large :)

a mates clio i drove him to manchester to collect, then my garden with our little puddy tat in it, my dads car, a clients cat and my uncles baa lambs :)

14454.attach

14455.attach

14456.attach

14457.attach

14459.attach

Just had a random scan though some...

Construction site outside work for a new town centre shopping mall. Taken from 6 floors up, in case you're wondering about perspective!

Nokia N70, no resizing or editing, 1600x1200, 2MP.

Was fairly impressed at the time, fairly consistent level of detail.

Steve

14463.attach

Just had a random scan though some...

Construction site outside work for a new town centre shopping mall. Taken from 6 floors up, in case you're wondering about perspective!

Nokia N70, no resizing or editing, 1600x1200, 2MP.

Was fairly impressed at the time, fairly consistent level of detail.

Steve

Nice viewpoint. What do you think to running a themed thread in a sort of fun competition style Steve? I

Edinburgh castle from the roof of the museum

dsc00597ky1.jpg

Haggis - our Cairn puppy

dsc00658zd3.jpg

Extremely quick 911 Turbo from the last Knockhill tracknight

dsc00666dv6.jpg

Jump!

dsc00684va7.jpg

All taken using SE K750i

Resized to 640x480 and sharpened once after resize using Paintshop Pro7 (is that cheating? :lol:)

Nice photies WK - I think for a 2MP camera, the K750 is a cracker - even better than a lot of 3MP camera phones.

I think I will definitely be upgrading to a K800 this year if the technology is just as good - I don't need to buy a digi camera now (and tend to want to take most pics on the fly when I prob wouldn't have a digicam with me anyway!).

I've got a couple of pictures of my old car and current car, as below. The one covered in snow was taken on a Motorola V635 (IIRC) and the black car was taken on a V3i at night, although it was on a garage forecourt after being valeted.

I've got a couple of pictures of a sunrise taken the other day to upload onto my laptop, I'll seen how they look and may post them later.

14472.attach

14473.attach

Heres one i took with the trusty 6230i.. 1.3mpx

If its nice tomorrow ill go out and flex my 5mpx N95 power... ive just realised all my pics so far have only been @ 3mpx :eek:

That

Boring picture taken mid-evening (sun was going down) N95, medium size(3mpx) all settings on auto...

resized to 50% to attach..

The camera is definately better outdoors.. im still messing with the settings of it :)

edit... right heres the attachment.

theres also a couple more pics from the '95 in THIS thread.. not very good ones because i should have used macro mode for some of them

14486.attach