Black Magic Woes

Makefish

I spent the best part of Sunday washing, clay barring, polishing & waxing my Black Magic OctyII and it looked FAB :thumbup:........................... until that is I got up the following morning where it was covered in tree pollen :thumbdwn: , not a big issue so a quick once over with a detailing spray and all was fine :thumbup: ................................... until that is I went to work for a couple of days and having done a few hundred miles on my travels the car looked terrible again, covered in dead insects and road grime :thumbdwn: so out with the Karcher and wash bucket again and all was fine :thumbup: ............................ until that is I woke up the following morning where it was covered in tree pollen :thumbdwn: , not a big issue so out with the detailer again and all was fine :thumbup: .................................. until that is we had a shower and now the car is covered in rain spots! :mad: .

All this has happened since Sunday and frankly I'm totally fed up with it all and I know that next week, the week after and the week after that is going to be pretty much the same routine!.

Black Magic paint eh ........................ I wish it was and looked good for longer for than 15 minutes!.

I spent the best part of Sunday washing, clay barring, polishing & waxing my Black Magic OctyII and it looked FAB :thumbup:........................... until that is I got up the following morning where it was covered in tree pollen :thumbdwn: , not a big issue so a quick once over with a detailing spray and all was fine :thumbup: ................................... until that is I went to work for a couple of days and having done a few hundred miles on my travels the car looked terrible again, covered in dead insects and road grime :thumbdwn: so out with the Karcher and wash bucket again and all was fine :thumbup: ............................ until that is I woke up the following morning where it was covered in tree pollen :thumbdwn: , not a big issue so out with the detailer again and all was fine :thumbup: .................................. until that is we had a shower and now the car is covered in rain spots! :mad: .

All this has happened since Sunday and frankly I'm totally fed up with it all and I know that next week, the week after and the week after that is going to be pretty much the same routine!.

Black Magic paint eh ........................ I wish it was and looked good for longer for than 15 minutes!.

I know where you could get a Yellow one for a decent price you know!!! :D:rofl:

I know where you could get a Yellow one for a decent price you know!!! :D:rofl:

Is that one still there! :eek: I'd love a yellow one at the right price! ;) (I wish :thumbdwn: )

Black magic is a pain. I swear I'll never have another black one. Even white is easier to keep looking good than black. :)

I know exactly what you mean although over here it seems to be sand dust blown in from the Sahara:rolleyes:

I didn't learn my lesson from owning Velma either as she was as black as the ace of spades, well at least for the first fifteen minutes after a wash anyway!

feel the exact same way myself...even when it doesn't rain,the dust alone can build up to make the car look dirty.

once its shiny clean though,its still the coolest colour!

Black cars are awful! The Fabia wasn't too bad, but I've never known anything like the NightHawk Black on the Civic. Rain specs REALLY stand out :(

You must be due for a change by now anyway Aaron! ;)

Silver

Esp the Fabia Diamond Silver (and because it is such a different silver) - neighbour swears I wash it every day cos it always looks clean (from front).

TBH the dirtiest, most difficult bits to clean are the alloy wheels - tend to wash them 'inbetween' full car wash.

And, yes, black can look really tasty when clean.

I sympathise. I bought Octy #1 in black magic and vowed NEVER to get another black car due to the hassle keeping it clean. Then I spotted Octy #2 in black magic so bought that. When I came to sell that I vowed NEVER EVER to get another black car...... Now I've got the S2000 in..........erm........... BLACK!!!

Silver

Esp the Fabia Diamond Silver (and because it is such a different silver) - neighbour swears I wash it every day cos it always looks clean (from front).

TBH the dirtiest, most difficult bits to clean are the alloy wheels - tend to wash them 'inbetween' full car wash.

And, yes, black can look really tasty when clean.

:iagree: also washing Black over and over = Groundhog Day

Been a couple of months - suppose I should wash mine ... :rolleyes:

I'm gonna hopefully do mine today. Virosol and Swissol are just waiting to be used :P

Steve, you complain about how quickly a nice shiny black car can lose that wow effect, and I have to agree.

Although, I think it's worth pointing out that your initial meticulous attention to cleaning pays off. There's a lot to be said for building up a few coats of wax. It may be a chore at first, but the following cleaning sessions are just so much easier and quicker. :)

Yeah black what a nightmare to keep clean, but agree best colour when clean. Funny thing is that black is the in colour at the moment, i've been thinking about silver as it awalys looks clean, but there's just something about a black car!!!!