getting furby very soon, appreciate your comments

Hi guys, I am going to purchase furby in next few weeks and have found few options:

buy new

- buy special edition - will stretch greatly my budget (the rest of this month living on bread and water :()

- buy not SE for

Personally I was in the same boat and decided the go for the SE vRS. I had a couple of reasons - first I wanted a blue fabia (shallow but hey it's a new car), 2nd it comes with 2k worth of extra for not much more and 3rd having a new car that you know 100% what has happened to it etc is well worth the peace of mind.

I supose it does go on your budget but super noodles are tastey and cheap :D

3rd having a new car that you know 100% what has happened to it etc is well worth the peace of mind.

But do you? You only know it's life since *you* picked it up from the dealers. For all you know, it may have been hooned around the docks, been crashed and repaired, etc......

I'd be more tempted by the second hand ones as you'll lose much less in depreciation, as well as not overstretching your budget. 3 year old ones are good too as you'll be able to modify it without worrying about warranties. Btw, I would check the cambelt service schedule for the PD130 in the Fabia - I thought it was 80k miles now which may be why it hasn't been done.....?

Chris

The new ones will have the stutter too - the 04 and 05 plates wont IIRC.

Personally I think the SE is very nice but I'd buy an older one, slap in a leather interior (you have to tell your insurers about all options anyway) and be happy.

But do you? You only know it's life since *you* picked it up from the dealers. For all you know, it may have been hooned around the docks, been crashed and repaired, etc......

I'd be more tempted by the second hand ones as you'll lose much less in depreciation, as well as not overstretching your budget. 3 year old ones are good too as you'll be able to modify it without worrying about warranties. Btw, I would check the cambelt service schedule for the PD130 in the Fabia - I thought it was 80k miles now which may be why it hasn't been done.....?

Chris

buying new is a great experience. please don't ruin it for people ;)

"The new ones will have the stutter too - the 04 and 05 plates wont IIRC."

I have the VRS SE, and weighed up the benefits of the new car vs a used one. I felt that the piece of mind of having a car that had done 16 miles + the extras at little extra cost justified waiting a couple of extra weeks for an SE to be delivered.

As far as the stutter goes, I only noticed it over the first 100 miles, since then either it has disappeared or it doesn't occur due to my driving style i.e. the gear your in at whatever speed. By the way I'm not a "boy racer". There was a post on another thread (see below) about accelerating at low revs and the damage that can occur to the flywheel so I have been wary about being in the wrong gear and have changed the way I drive.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/fabia/fabia-vrs-engine-noise/78138/

As far as the stutter goes, I only noticed it over the first 100 miles, since then either it has disappeared or it doesn't occur due to my driving style i.e. the gear your in at whatever speed.

Welcome :)

Good first post!

Well, considering how many people have complained about the stutter it would appear to be a far greater issue to most than what you're prepared to admit.

I'm only going by what I've seen post wise as mine doesn't do it. :D

The leather interior that comes with the SE doesn't include door cards either, which the Seat Surgeons one does which is a bit naff IMO.

Anyway, buy the car you want to buy is my overall advice. If you want an SE, buy one.....settling for less will only make you wish you hadn't every time you get in it.

Buying a new vRS does not give piece of mind at all. That's a little naiive.

The only good thing is the faxt you'll have a full warranty which I think you'll be needing for door leaks, dodgy heaters, windows coming unglued, drop link failure, cracked ARB etc etc. Buying a 54 plate onwards means you'd get some warranty too but at a cheaper price. :D

In fact buying any Skoda from a dealer means you get a warranty. The one outside of the 3 year one is called an Elite warranty I think and is fairly comprehensive.

buy a second hand one with some warranty for like the first year, get a colour that will be easier to get rid off ie black/silver (although i like all colours), save your money on the finance or loan, you will loose less money on the vehicle and ultimately it will be out of warranty after the year and u can mod it then.

Low mileage - age pales in comparison

Dealer warranty if possible - very handy for RAC roadside assist etc + any faults that crop up (were unseen when you bought it).

Remember - a new car depreciates like fury as soon as you drive it off the forecourt.

2nd hand car will probably have had any 'faults' rectified / sorted - and be a damn sight cheaper.

Low mileage - age pales in comparison

Dealer warranty if possible - very handy for RAC roadside assist etc + any faults that crop up (were unseen when you bought it).

Remember - a new car depreciates like fury as soon as you drive it off the forecourt.

2nd hand car will probably have had any 'faults' rectified / sorted - and be a damn sight cheaper.

And you can afford to buy food.....

The stutter has one of trhe longest threads on Briskoda so its obviously causing trouble for a lot of people & I personaly would avoid any chance of getting one of those

NEVER financially stretch yourself for a car, if you have the depreciation will hurt you hard & being stretched severly restricts other life choices

The stutter has one of trhe longest threads on Briskoda so its obviously causing trouble for a lot of people & I personaly would avoid any chance of getting one of those

NEVER financially stretch yourself for a car, if you have the depreciation will hurt you hard & being stretched severly restricts other life choices

Agreed. I worked it out so I could have the whole lot paid off after 3 years and was better off than running my 13 year old BMW. So far the car has saved me a fortune each month in fuel, loan costs and servicing (the BMW fell apart a lot). Also the road tax is cheaper too. :D

I think if it would've taken any longer than 3 years to pay off I'd have been hesitant. I'd be paying off a car I'd be sick of and that would no longer be as 'tight' as it once was.

I've done the 5 year thing before and regretted it as that's a long time to own a car in my book.

I can comfortably repay in 3 yrs and there will be some pennies coming my way soon. (although not enough to settle loan in full).

Yes I was hijacked by the idea of having SE because I thought they will sold out in few weeks but as I can see it is all dragging a bit, people cancelling orders..... but I give it few days. In Sheffield area if there are any furbies they seem to be overpriced a bit. Not in a rush anyway.

I do like the idea to get second hand and have the leather fitted...... The yellow one at the beginning of the thread is very tempting, it is just the mileage and cambelt not changed is putting me off.

The yellow one at the beginning of the thread is very tempting, it is just the mileage and cambelt not changed is putting me off.

But I'm pretty sure the cambelt isn't due til 80k miles on that model which is why it hasn't been changed.....?

And if you want new car smell, it's available in bottles and air fresheners in Halfords ;)

Chris

I find it hard to believe there's only 3 cars available to you. Look harder! :D

You can find a car of the colour you want, with lower mileage, better history and more kit for that kind of

I find it hard to believe there's only 3 cars available to you. Look harder! :D

You can find a car of the colour you want, with lower mileage, better history and more kit for that kind of

Just to let you know, I have a black magic 56 plate (6 months old), 9k motorway miles, I'm a Surveyor, esp, heated seats, 6 cd changer, extra airbags, front pass airbag deactivation switch, xennons, pd160 intake, green filter, 17" alloys, Jabba sport remap which has completely gotten rid of the stutter which didnt really bother me when I had it.

I'd say that it depends on how much money you're prepared to spend and then lose through depreciation. If you have the cash, and are willing to risk stutter problems, get the SE. If you want to save a bit of cash, and want a stutter-free car go for an 05 model. If it was me I'd haggle on an 05 VRS with low mileage as I don't believe the SE is worth the money.

imo the se is good value for a new car, obviously the depreciation curve will be steeper than a used buy. One of the main draw backs is it is a set spec. but then you are limited buying used, weigh up wether*you* want to spend the extra and get leather etc.With regards to the stutter, I think its noticability/ inconveniance factor is much dependant on your driving style, try getting an extended test drive in a new car and finding out if it effects you hth :thumbup: