Can Racing Stripes Work?

stevenh

Would racing stripes work on an Octy?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Would racing stripes work on an Octy?

• Yes - go for it!
    • No - too tacky.

I was washing my yellow Octy vRS yesterday and got to thinking about racing stripes.

She is running on graphite coloured Audi S3 rims just now, and I have always had a wee 'thing' for racing stripes, but I am not sure if their time has passed or whether they could work if done right.

I was thinking 2 stripes, offset to the RHS of the car running from nose to tail and in a matching graphite colour to complement the wheels.

So what do you think? Too tacky or ok?

Opinions please.

Some examples of what I think works:

sportrcr1.jpg

Something like this next one, but thicker stripes?!

300px-Gfsclio.jpg

rfmiata11.jpg

racing_stripes_color_chart.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not my cup of tea I'm afraid, even on some of the nice machinery you list above.

Something like a Ford GT/GT40, Mustang or Cobra only, really.

Nice wheels though :thumbup:

Steve

I like 'em on certain cars but not seen it done on an Octy before. I'm not brave enough but I say go for it, you can always take 'em off if you don't like it.

Not sure about the orange stripe..Saw a black magic octy at Ultimate Dubs with about 2 x 2inch silver stripes going across the whole car front to back on the pass side. think it even had vrs decal in the stripes somewhere. Looked ok, have photo on my phone but have no idea how to get it on here.

I think that the style of stripes is more important than whether or not to do them at all - try photoshopping a few different styles and perhaps you can get better feedback then...

It's a pretty personal decision I guess - but if you do it in Vinyl stick-on and see how it sits with you, that way you can always strip it off if you don't like it right?

Perhaps Black stripes will make it look wasp-ish, could be cool done right...

HTH

Bas

Saw a black magic octy at Ultimate Dubs with about 2 x 2inch silver stripes going across the whole car front to back on the pass side. think it even had vrs decal in the stripes somewhere

That sounds like the kind of thing I am after, but maybe graphite stripes.

Can you email me the photos and i'll post them on here?

steven(at)stevenhedley(dot)co(dot)uk

after our little discussion in the pub last night i thought i'd come on and find this thread.

i say its worth a try and as posted above it will be more down to the style of stripe rather than whether to go for it. i suggest a very dark grey colour, much like the motorsport stickers i had on my doors, would be a bit less in your face than black and will match your wheels ;)

if you get a chance sometime just pop into my work and we'll try a couple of styles and colours to see which suits best.

Saw a silver focus earlier today which had a pair of pink stripes from front to back.

similar...

i spotted this fiesta, picture isn't the best but its obvious how horrid it looks.

15089.attach

Hi, I had a clio 172 in silver/grey and put some darker grey stripes down the car.

See pic.

I think subtle stripes like this are a nice touch so nothing too big i think will be smart.

I got these myself and would recommenend if you are to put them on i'd get some one else to do it, as i'd never touch vinyl again, nightmare.

personnally i wouldnt put stripes on my fab vrs, buty if you go for it, post up some pics

15097.attach

• 2 weeks later...

There is a Mk 2 Vrs that lives in the Aylesford area (??) Like the Flufmeister's but with a single strip instead of the twin ones. Don't look to bad either.