Maidstone Kent Meet 30th April

Chavyboy

OK anyone fancy meeting in the Maidstone on the 30th April around 8-8:30pm (Friday night) for a Chat and a Drink in one of the local pubs ?

If the date is not suitable then someone suggest one that is but I think that a Friday is a good day to wind down for the weekend.

I am thinking of meeting around the Malta Inn in Maidstone and any locals will tell you this is a nice little pub by the River Medway.

For people who live in Essex this is only round the M25 to Junction 2 then on the M20 to the Maidstone turn off. We can meet in Lakeside if you wish to convoy down. From the Dartford bridge it should take no more than 30 mins to the pub. I can post up directions and a map if people are interested.

Ivan

OK Tell you what I can arrange to make it regular if we can get a few more people interested. If we find the location unsuitable we can always find another one to suit all people/most people. The only reason I mentioned the 30th was to give people plenty of time to get it in their diary. Shall we make the time earlier say 7-7:30 then ?

Simon Last Friday of the month sounds good but the last Friday this month is to soon (Next week) so we should start in April that way this thread will get more attention.

Jeff yerr I can meet you in Lakeside mate. BTW the car is awesome. Only clocked up 320 miles most of that by the misses so not had a good chance to take it out myself yet on my own. Must say very impressed by the in gear acceleration.

OK Tell you what I can arrange to make it regular if we can get a few more people interested. If we find the location unsuitable we can always find another one to suit all people/most people. The only reason I mentioned the 30th was to give people plenty of time to get it in their diary. Shall we make the time earlier say 7-7:30 then ?

Simon Last Friday of the month sounds good but the last Friday this month is to soon (Next week) so we should start in April that way this thread will get more attention.

Jeff yerr I can meet you in Lakeside mate. BTW the car is awesome. Only clocked up 320 miles most of that by the misses so not had a good chance to take it out myself yet on my own. Must say very impressed by the in gear acceleration.

You 2 just want to blitz from the M25 to the M20 and UP the hill to Wrotham, a fantastic bit of road to explore how good the engine is..going uphill all the way, then the freefall down Wrotham Hill to the "slower bit"

You 2 just want to blitz from the M25 to the M20 and UP the hill to Wrotham, a fantastic bit of road to explore how good the engine is..going uphill all the way, then the freefall down Wrotham Hill to the "slower bit"

Hehehe I got catch ages ago on that bit of road. I was doing 94 in a 70 zone, glad they didn't clock me at the bottom when I was flat out ;)

The best bit I think is from the bottom of the hill after the 25, all the way to the crest at Wrotham. It is suprising how others cant keep up on the incline, anyway anything goes quick downhill...just watch me on a mountain bike.

Hmm, this may be a bit far for me, well it is about 5 miles away.

Mind you I could coast down Blue Bell Hill for a couple of miles.

Oh go on then count me in. :cool:

somewhere nearer top of M20 would be nice i go through Wrotham when working nights....

CAN do Maidstone despite always getting lost in the one way nonsense

Church.

You cant get lost as its right by Junct 6 (I think) of the M20. Literaly 2 mins from the motorway.

Just follow the signs for Aylesford, then as you go round the bend from the roundabout under the A229 its there on your left. Just roll down the drive/road into the huge car park.

Hmm' date=' this may be a bit far for me, well it is about 5 miles away.

Mind you I could coast down Blue Bell Hill for a couple of miles.

Oh go on then count me in. :cool:[/quote']

They dont allow caravans in the car park Des...and its been recently tarmaced too. :D