ChrisRs's Honda Civic Type - S GT

ChrisRs

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still not been in to sort a test drive and the Dealership is only 200 yards from my house aswell.

Must be the Octy tugging at my heart strings

That dash is cool, at last a car that can interest the eye from the inside.

I will have to give the S GT a test drive aswell then but to be honest im still a petrol head and then theres the oh so beautiful sounding V-TEC

Nice pic's again Chris and thanks for the feedback.

I love the Civic, wish I could afford one.

The 2.2 CTDI is the best diesel engine out there imho, so smooth, powerful and sooo economical. Makes the PD140 look agricultural imho! :thumbup:

Yep, think it's the best 4-pot derv currently available. Honda have obviously taken their usual care and precision with its design, and I think it shows, with particular regard to N.V.H. :)

Steve

The words Total different come to mind. The interior is like something you see at the NEC, normally in cars that never come out. Nice to see they have braved it and brought it out. Very Nice Will be nice to see it in the flesh.

Yeah, looking forward to seeing at the next Malt meet too :thumbup:

Hopefully the weather will be better than last time too! Wouldn't be difficult now would it?! :rolleyes: :P

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

The car is loosening up nicely now, the mpg is averaging about 38 around town (Not been on a long run yet, but I did 45mpg on a short motorway trip to Manchester)

Radio reception is not brilliant and my iPod FM thing does go off tune, but it did in the Fabia too.

Ive fitted some perspex fog light covers (They are prone to breaking apparantly.... Civinfo - Honda Civic Forum ) and a set of 'Type S' stickers on the side (eBay)

IMGP0301.jpg

Slight niggle is that the so called 'Magic Seats' (Supposed to memorise where they were) are NOT magic at all, just have to get used to adjusting them every time I move the drivers seat forward. Issue in the Forum

Apart from that....Brilliant!! The handling is far better than the Fabia, steering is direct and precise (probably due to 'fly by wire') and the ESP actually works!!No wheel spin at all!! Yet!!

I miss the Xenons (no option on the Type S ) BUT have uprated the bulbs to Philips Extreme and LED sidelights and they are very good. AND......The bulbs were easy to get to!! They even tell you in the manual to remove the expansion tank to get access. (thats refreshing..trusting the owner to do this!!) Imagine VAG putting that in their Manuals....NO WAY!!

One last thing. I was told rear visibility was an issue and the lack of rear wiper was a pain. Not really noticed. Reversing is easier than the Fabia IMO and if you treat the car as a saloon, then you dont really miss the rear wiper as the water clears as you get going anyway.

Hi Chris.

Can I ask, did you test drive the 1.8 as well as the 2.2 diesel? Obviously I've driven the 1.8 but just wondered what your views were on both?

I found the 1.8's pace enough, but at no point did it feel fast. Now the 2.2 with more torque, would fill that gap of feeling fast.

Hi Chris.

Can I ask, did you test drive the 1.8 as well as the 2.2 diesel? Obviously I've driven the 1.8 but just wondered what your views were on both?

I found the 1.8's pace enough, but at no point did it feel fast. Now the 2.2 with more torque, would fill that gap of feeling fast.

Hi Walkie,

I have the 1.8, and after 3,500km still cant figure the engine out. It is a very flexable engine, pulls from low speeds in the higher gears no problem - tho not with any great shove in the back:rolleyes:

When the engine is warm and you take the right corner/roundabout exit at the right revs - over 4,500, she feels ALL of her stated 140bhp:thumbup: , but, so many time I find myself wondering if it is not the 1.4 I bought:confused: foot to the floor and it just feels dead:thumbdwn:

I read somewhere in here about the CTR needing to have the oil warmed tru before the V-TEC will kick in, maybe is the same in the 1.8 engine:confused:

Bryan

Hi Chris.

Sorry I didnt. I have heard that the 1.8 is harsh whereas the i-CTDi is ultra smooth and less thirsty

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...