2.0 fsi - ordinary unleaded or super

Personally, I can tell no difference between standard and super unleaded (on a TFSI), but you will see that many others can, and extol the virtues of Tesco 99 RON and V-Power.

I guess you pays your money and takes your choice...

It may do, but it's a question of is it worth running on super unleaded (considering the higher price at the pump)?

Chris

But supposedly offset a bit by higher mpg. So maybe depends what mileage you do also.

Have search of the forum ...... I am certain that Lummox posted something last year regarding the FSi motor's and SUL, something to do with the Stratisfied nature of the fuel delivery.

I thought the FSI was designed to run on 98RON - so any less would change the settings in the ecu and thus reduce power etc.

Brochure says RON 95 for all petrol engines (RON 91 with lower efficeincy) except 1.6FSI/115bhp which is RON 98 (RON 95 with lower efficiency) ... BUT ...

to use RON 97/98/99 (octane) will give you better performance if you want it and are prepared to pay for it.

Brochure says RON 95 for all petrol engines (RON 91 with lower efficeincy) except 1.6FSI/115bhp which is RON 98 (RON 95 with lower efficiency) ... BUT ...

to use RON 97/98/99 (octane) will give you better performance if you want it and are prepared to pay for it.

What does the brocuhure say for a 2.0 fsi?

The petrol vRS has a large script 98 and a small script 95 in side the filler cap...I thought this meant it is ideally run on 98 but is capable of running on 95. I think I remember reading on here that 95 gives a 20% power reduction.

If you want to tootle around use 95...in the mood for a thrashing then use 98! As said do a search..there has been loads written on this subject.

Dan

The 2.0FSI script on the filler is the same, but you don't get the changeover that quickly. It takes a few gallons to go through before the improvement is felt. And if you like that zippy feeling the 99 gives the car, you won't want to go back to 95 in a hurry. If you don't much care about that little extra edge, then any old thing will do I suppose.

From what I remember the handbook does suggest the use of a 'higher' RON/ I have always used V Power, so can't compare. I intend to keep using it and will only switch to normal unleaded in an emergency I think that it has been argued that using the more expensive product helps to return a higher MPG, however this is offset against my heavy right foot and lots of short journeys through traffic. I'm not exactly losing sleep over it but it is working out more costly to run given my choice of fuel and the nature of the journeys I make. It is only on longer runs to my parents in St. Helens at the weekend that I return a decent figure, however, I compremise this by playing with the fun pedal. As a younger man in my G40, the St.Helens Link Road could be fun and it appears that connection in my brain has not disappeared.

Anyone tried chip fat?

Paul

My (2006) handbook says that the 2.0 FSI should run on 98 RON (Super unleaded), but will run on 95 RON if 98 is not available.

My 18T would run quite happy on 95. I was low on petrol a while ago and had

to put 95 in my 2.0T and it rough :(

Ditto.

My Mk1 seemed to fly on normal premium. The 2.0 Mk2 really struggles, and delivers poor MPG also. Bung in some BP Ultimate and she's ready to party.

V-power's ok, but mine doesn't like it as much as BP. Oh and DON'T use std or super Tesco. Mine throws a fit and becomes sluggish - even pointing it at a tesco forecourt seems to have that effect LOL