Anyone sold their VRS then regretted it?

anyone that has kids will know when they reach the ripe old age of 9 months, they need a larger car seat. Well I went for the safest car seat in it's class, however it's huge, meaning I can only carry one other passenger in the rear, so I put a deposit down on a Golf Plus, needed the extra space anyway...

Here's the deal

Golf Plus - 1.9 tdi Sport (105bhp) DSG gearbox 56 plate, 17" Alloys and Front Armrest are the only extras all for 15k I have left a

anyone that has kids will know when they reach the ripe old age of 9 months, they need a larger car seat. Well I went for the safest car seat in it's class, however it's huge, meaning I can only carry one other passenger in the rear, so I put a deposit down on a Golf Plus, needed the extra space anyway...

Here's the deal

Golf Plus - 1.9 tdi Sport (105bhp) DSG gearbox 56 plate, 17" Alloys and Front Armrest are the only extras all for 15k I have left a

Just about to do the same thing with a Roomster which I found to drive just like the Golf but a little more practical.

I am already missing the VRS and I haven't even got rid yet. :(

Funnily enough the Golf Plus has exactly the same boot space as the Roomster but more width for rear passengers, I did consider the Roomster but the DSG gearbox won me over. Can't help thinking I should just save myself some money and keep the Fabia, the only thing that's wrong with it is its lack of space :(

However, if I back out I could end up loosing my

Funnily enough the Golf Plus has exactly the same boot space as the Roomster but more width for rear passengers, I did consider the Roomster but the DSG gearbox won me over. Can't help thinking I should just save myself some money and keep the Fabia, the only thing that's wrong with it is its lack of space :(

Well the Fabia also encourages me to drive like I really shouldn't :rolleyes:

I thought the width was about the same but the seats were more flexible in the Skoda.

Just chopped in my Furby vRS against an Octy 2.0 TDi PD140 Ambience for the same reason. Not sad though, as I will take over ownership of 'ar lass's lower mileage Furby vRS whilst she drives the barge :D

In the same situation but definately not selling the vRS. I can live with only carrying one rear seat passenger, and it took 2.5 years to get SUK to get the damn car working properly so it's not being sold yet :)

Instead in about 1-2 years I'll trade in our old Polo and get a Nissan Qashqai. Looked around and it was the only car that ticked every box. Just a shame they're a bit pricey.

It's true!!

The Fabia vRS IS better than sex!

Or at least the unfortunate result,if you're really unlucky.

That can't be true given the amount of us currently moving on due to Baby arrival!

The 1.9TDI in 105hp form is a nice engine.... don't be put off by the 105 hp bit as it has a decent amount of the old lb/ft.... also remaps rather well. I also imagine that the DSG does add that little bit more as well!

I loved my VRS to bits, but overall I prefer my Golf

You could still get the 105 remapped to around 130 ;)

Easily, probably a bit more although I have some reservations on what it will do to the DPF. I had a PD 100 Golf SE and I find the Roomster almost identical to driving this and that was a great motor even as standard. I am going to miss the Furbia like thumb for a bit but it's for the greater good.

YES!!!! Sold it, bought an Impreza WRX then watched my bank account drain away, now have major shares in Shell!!!

Nearly saw sense bought a Focus TDCI Ghia 115bhp=bag of poo

Then traded in for my present VRs :thumbup:

Thought about doing exactly the same as my boy is six months old and growing rather rapidly!!!

Had an octy 1 vrs 2 years ago and have regretted it ever since.

Even though my fabia is mapped to 190bhp I think I will need a bigger boot ...... eventually!!

Already taken out a focus st and I can get an st3 with all the toys for about 15ish and it makes a ridiculously good noise, have talked myself out of this so far but the boot is twice the size of my fabia!!

good luck mate.

Really miss both our Fabia vRS and Octavia vRS .Certainly miss having some oomph! MX5 fun but needs a turbo or supercharger!

Don't miss the white seats one bit though and our new family car fits the bill far better than the Fabia or Octavia

Still giving this some thought. An update from the VW dealership after I told them I have to wait for 3 months to get my money out of a notice account is that the garage will offer me 3 months 0% finance to finance the car, then I can pay in full in 3 months time.

If I go for it and if I don't like the car I could make use of their 30-day/1,000 miles exchange policy. Decisions, decisions...

Des

Just swapped mine, went the 2 litre tdi route, didn't like the big drop of a lip into the rear of the Golf plus, so bought the Touran instead. It's not that bigger than the +, but you do get the option of a 7 seater if you need it.

Not missed the vRS Fabia, as I now drive the PANZER WAGON :P

Only when claiming back mileage and thinking the Fabia would have done half as many MPG again as the BMW. I miss the Fabia on short trips and the practicality of the hatchback. I don't miss it on long motorway trips as the seats used to give me a bad back after a couple of hours!

I think the seats in an Octy would be ok though, I sat in a Mk2 and it was very comfortable.

Right I couldn't do it, not just yet anyway.

So cancelled the Golf Plus got my deposit back (should be refunded to my credit card Monday)

Time to wax the old girl (I'm referring to my car) to say sorry for even thinking about trading her in (car again) :)

Might buy her something (Yes, still the car) maybe a roofbox or maybe some rear window blinds. Any thoughts on a decent roofbox, not one that looks out of proportion, so looking approx 150/200 litres.

Des