Skoda cuts out - please help. Oh, and hi there everyone!

Hi guys,

I've been looking around for some advice on the net and have bumped into you. You seem friendly enough so I thought I'd give you a try. Go easy on me - I am new here.

My Skoda Felicia was allowed to run very low on fuel and ever since has developed a fault where it either won't start at all or cuts out at intermittent intervals.

I took it to a garage and they told me that it is likely to be a gauze in the fuel tank causing the problem and my car is basically a write-off.

Please tell me it ain't so!

Fingers crossed,

Andy

I take it you mean a diesel

and you are refering to the algae that grows in the tank that blocks off part of the tank. If thats the case a tiny and i mean tiny!!!! cap of petrol in the fuel can kill off the algee.

IF you dont have a diesel ignore me completely lol

:iagree: - if it's not the fuel filter, then it's the gauze over the tank outlet that's clogged.

The garage are "having a giraffe" by claiming this would write the car off. It's maybe an hour's work to drop the tank and clean the gauze once the tank's been drained.

When did it last have a fuel filter?, they should be replaced every 40,000 miles. Cleaning the throttle body won't do it any harm either. Fault diagnosis isn't just a case of plugging the computer in and replacing anything that reports a fault, it's about consdering the symptoms that are been reported to find the fault. Sometimes if no faults are shown, it can confirm what you suspect.

hi miggyfan,

Im asuming your Felicia is a 1.3mpi.

This is a fairly common accourance for this engine. I have had the same problem With my Pickup also a 1.3mpi.

I would change the Hall Sender on the crankshaft. (situated on top of bellhousing of the gearbox) They are bout