Green Caliper Paint

hi

where can i get some green paint to match the calipers on an octavia vRS...i wanna touch mine up becaus they got a few chips when i was doing the discs and pads...

Do a search on here for Hammerite the guys here reakon the Green is a perfect match :)

Ford modena green is a pretty good match too...... I bought a spray can from halfords.

I just spray some into the cap, leave for a few moments for it to go off slightly then apply with a brush.

At a guess I'd say it was about a 99% colour match (100% from more than 1/4 mile away :thumbup: )

• 3 weeks later...

I did mine with hammerite smooth green. A startling vRS match - wouldn't be surprised if the guys in Czech use it on the production line. :rofl:

I now have red brembos and have found red garage door paint from B&Q is a good match for that too. :cool:

Couldnt find the Hammerite Smooth Green round Nottingham for love or money.

I went to 3 big B and Q depots, never knew there were so many tyes of paint, anyway they had Smooth Dark Green and Hammered Green but no Smooth Green!

i got mine in halfords....they look great now...gonna do them again after i get the wheels painted:thumbup:

Where are you getting your wheels done, I'd recommend spending the extra and getting them properly done, ie sand blasted and powder coated. I got a place in Maynooth (RE) to do a set for me before and the lacquer started peeling before too long.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I know it's a very old thread but I have just got a spray can of ford Modena green as they only had smooth dark green hammerite. Would it be best to spray it straight onto the calliper or spay it into the cap and brush it on?

I have just got a o/s/r calliper from brakes international and they did not have a green one only standard silver.