tastefully modded fab

How many doors does yours have? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

just realised im thick.

im still in gilf mode, only got mine a couple of weeks ago.

that or the handles made the doors more obvious,

either way, i bow out in shame :o

the only thing taht isnt to my taste is the side skirts and maybe the handles but each to their own. as for the spoiler in not a fan of a big ol wing but hey if the owner likes it. i do quite like teh rims though i was looking at some of these recently.. show off the breaks.

Erm... it's a Skoda. Just like mine's a Skoda. People take the p*ss whether you mod them or not.

I don't think I'd have chosen to fit that spoiler but hey, maybe it does something useful on trackdays, like keeping the rear wheels on the ground. If so, it's definitely a case of function over form :rofl:

IMO, generally, not specific to this car, big wings or spoilers don't look right on very many modern cars. People fit them 'cos the Super-touring-rally-racing-hiper-performance car had them. But they forget that most competition cars sport huge wheelarches and even larger wheels, brakes and tyres.

T'would be like fitting Jennifer Lopez's Rse to Jodie Kidd.

J.

Maybe they are the sort of people that take part in the much overlooked sport of extreme ironing

Extreme Ironing Bureau :: Ironing under the sky

That would explain the Ironing board on the boot, because it allows them to practise when on the road. :)

Fluff

I don't think I'd have chosen to fit that spoiler but hey, maybe it does something useful on trackdays, like keeping the rear wheels on the ground. If so, it's definitely a case of function over form :rofl:

Unlikely. On a boot like the Fabia's, anything that isn't either up at the top or right down at the bottom (think diffuser) won't make a shred of difference - it'll just be sat in a nice pocket of low-pressure, turbulent air (hence the ****-state the rear window gets in when it's wet, and the distance the WRC spoiler juts out!)

I could make some comment about them being called 'spoilers' for a reason, and how I won't knowingly make a mod that didn't have some benefit in terms of performance or convenient. But then I'm sure there'd be folks who'd feel the same about the (limited number of) things I've had done to my car, like the dimpled / grooved brake discs, which are apparently of little benefit...

But hey, whatever floats your boat! :)

there not an upgrade from VW, they sell them in my local halfords...which it looks like this guy had a field day in!

That's why I said they are a wee bit like them - I can recognise Halfrauds specials a mile off :lol:

Knowing what car I have, I'm not one to comment :D

but i think the bloke has put a lot of money into it so good on him for being different. we need more of that lol

but barryboys p*sses me off anyway, lots of "high and mighty" f*cktards on there...

I couldn't agree more, for the attitudes of some of those guys - they better be driving Porsche's or they've no right to comment :rofl:

The owner could be Spanish

Theres a Catalan Bull sticker on the boot

Yes he could be Spanish, but don't confuse a Spaniard with a Catalan, they don't like that much. A Catalan would have a Donkey sticker.........

Spain = Bull

Catalan = Donkey

Honestly .... regardless of if they are a member on here or not, looking at it, it reminds me of WHY I sold my Fabia vRS and bought my Octy vRS

Mechanically well sorted it would seem, and all credit for that, but the styling .......... imho ...... hideous, the tattoo, the skirts's and the ironing board, best reserved for 1.2 12v corsa's innit.

And whats wrong with Barryboys, it's a top site, again imho, you feck your car up, you deserve what you get :)