Look what's for sale

This beast has been on sale for quite a few weeks now. After speaking with Phil (the service manager at Preston) the other week, he tells me it's the insurance for it that's the killer. There had been a prospective buyer but his/her insurance company wouldn't touch it.

I reckon Ants ought to drop the price a bit ;)

Nice machine though and I've been lucky enough to have had a ride in it :)

How come there's only 12 months warrranty?

Perhaps its because its modified, and Skoda UK will not touch it now that its been shown all over the forum ??

• 2 weeks later...

Ok now I am very confused on this one as I have test drove the very same car directly from the skoda garage yesterday and was told on good authority that the car was registered in march this year to the garage itself and has been used as a demonstrator car since then , so it has one owner already on the log book , I suppose this is why you only get 12 months warranty with it cos technically it's not brand new .

This is where the plot thickens -

1. Who is Ants?

2. Does he actually own the car or own the dealership ?

3. am I having my leg pulled?

4. Is somebody telling porkies or telling little white lies?

Not trying to point the finger but am very interested in buying the car if I can sort out the finer details out with the dealer . I f anyone can shed any light on this one it would be much appreciated as I would like the full story before buying the car , thanks

I suppose this is why you only get 12 months warranty with it cos technically it's not brand new .

I was under the impression that all (UK) Skoda vehicles came with a three year warranty, and that this was transferable to the new owner when sold within that period????

However, with the type of modifications done to this car, and the fact that SUK read these threads and have seen the registration number of the vehicle and whats been done to it, could cause problems with the warranty in the event of a claim?

AFAIK 'Ants' works at the Dealership, but is not the Guv'nor.

The car featured in a couple of post a few months ago, firstly being a white vRS and thus rare as hens teeth in UK (unless your name is Old Bill) and secondly with the white wheels, exhaust etc. The claim to it being a 'Demonstrator' and thus owned by the Dealership (their name on the V5?) is higher plausible. It all seems kosher to me.

On the warranty issue I suggest you seek clarification with the dealer. Certainly the 'mods' will have invalidated the Skoda one (on the parts involved) and so the 12 months may be 'after market' warranty as a used car from when you buy it.

I dare say other Briskodians, and 'Ants', will confirm this later this morning.