Real Mk1 Octavias

The Bridgewater stockpile reminds me of an old chap years ago who used to buy Nash/Austin Metropolitans. He had loads around his house and in various lockups in all conditions. He was never open to offers, even very good ones. It was just some kind of compulsion.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a Which? road test book from 1965 in the garage today. One of the tests is a Skoda Octavia Super, which is compared with an Austin 1100 de luxe, Ford Cortina 1200 de luxe 4 door, Renault R8 1100 and a Volkswagen 1200 de luxe.

I've scanned the first page, but I hope that I'm not breaching any copywrite laws! There is a little water damage in the top corner after the roof was damaged some years ago, but most of the book is OK.

There are another 30 pages to these tests. If anyone is interested, I can scan all the pages and post them here.

[ATTACH]16726[/ATTACH]

I found a Which? road test book from 1965 in the garage today. One of the tests is a Skoda Octavia Super, which is compared with an Austin 1100 de luxe, Ford Cortina 1200 de luxe 4 door, Renault R8 1100 and a Volkswagen 1200 de luxe.

I've scanned the first page, but I hope that I'm not breaching any copywrite laws! There is a little water damage in the top corner after the roof was damaged some years ago, but most of the book is OK.

There are another 30 pages to these tests. If anyone is interested, I can scan all the pages and post them here.

[ATTACH]16726[/ATTACH]

Perhaps as a good compromise, scan them, then host them elsewhere & put a link to that.

I'd be interested to see how the octy compares to those inferior brands :D

Very nice car Darren.

Hopefully see them in the flesh at some point!

I now have a Diesel skoda, and can relish in the MPG figures!

Its a fabia Vrs, and where i work (you can guess where, its in lincoln) are possibly wanting some older skodas for an open day/weekend at some point....

Its only at ideas stage yet..

Cheers!

Steve (the one that had the gold felicia from scunny!)

Perhaps as a good compromise, scan them, then host them elsewhere & put a link to that.

I'd be interested to see how the octy compares to those inferior brands

I'll try to do this, but I'm not very good with computers and I've never done a link before.

I will provide a scan of the full road test at some time, but I've been working all day today (Sunday) and I'm off to France on Wednesday for the first time in the new Superb, so it may have to be after I return on 19 September.

[ATTACH]16726[/ATTACH]

I'm pretty sure that scanning 1 page comes under "reviews and other fair use", but suspect that scanning the entire test without permission would be breach of copyright. :(

Well I'm sure the results of those road tests would have been ...

1st Skoda

2nd Volkswagen (too expensive)

3rd Ford (broke down before test completed)

4th Renault (broke down before the Ford)

5th Austin (never made it from the factory to the test)

Not that I'm biased or anything !!!

Very nice car Darren.

Hopefully see them in the flesh at some point!

I now have a Diesel skoda, and can relish in the MPG figures!

Its a fabia Vrs, and where i work (you can guess where, its in lincoln) are possibly wanting some older skodas for an open day/weekend at some point....

Its only at ideas stage yet..

Cheers!

Steve (the one that had the gold felicia from scunny!)

Long time no see Steve,

Last I heard, you had that bright green rapid (ex Darrel in Eastbourne & Rob in Hartlepool)

& The Red White & Black Rapid (ex Kenton).

How are they coming along?

Or have you done some wheeling & dealing since then?

How's the youngster too (Laura I think?)

Yeah a display at Horton's has been mentioned before.

They'll all be driving diesels soon. :thumbup: