flashing lights on dashboard?

Hi guys , just noticed something with my car.. when i change gear sometimes i have noticed that the lights on the speedo unit ie, warining light ect. flash in a split secound this only happens ever so often , but still nevertheless is concerning me.

Also bit worried as my gear stick linkage is rattling like a bitch so anyone know the procedure to tighten or sort this problem out?

have asked previously about it but think there is a washer or something or bolt that might need replacing, garage apparently put a new seal by the gear selector on it the other week but has got a little worse since.

Does your car idle ok? What i mean is if you have the car standing and rev it then quickly let off gas do lights flash? If so then perhaps you need to clean throttle body or replace air filter due to clogging.

Others will be able to guide you on your gearbox. I periodically clamber under my car and pack the selector with grease.

It may be worth checking the voltage regulator. They are peanuts to change, but when they go they can kill the ECU - many a Felicia have gone to the scrapyard for this reason!

I had a similar thing a while back - the engine revs were dropping too low. If it is anything like mine you may find it start stalling when you de-clutch when breaking.

To solve it I cleaned out throttle body (in place not a removal job) and checked the throttle cable tension (all that holds it in place is a single circlip) mine was very loose and I think this was root cause of problems.

Hope this helps.