new FMIC or clutch????

Hi guys,

I've now decided I will keep my car for about 2 years and am then looking at a mk2 elise. I'm running a remap, intake etc etc but am now thinking would it be worth getting a FMIC or new clutch. The OEM clutch slips under 2.5k (but I dont boot it under this anyway as it does no good do the clutch or the DMF) but a mate's mate has offered a custom FMIC form his tuning place.

I'm not looking to spend big bucks as the car will be off in a couple of years and already goes "nicely" but any suggestions would be most welcomed.

All the best

Gethyn

I think with the weather we are (or aren't) experiencing. I would opt for the clutch. Unless your doing loads of track days or live in very hot climates. I dont think you would benefit from a fmic as much as you would a clutch.

Go with the clutch and keep your eye out for a 2nd hand fmic. Thats what im doing anyway.

If it's slipping now then its going to get worse.

If your going to sell the car later your going to need the clutch done anyway?

Unless someone buys it with a slipping clutch :P

A clutch would be the most sensible, albeit more expensive option.

The low down grunt can be appreciated 'lower down' if you know what I mean.

An fmic will only be appreciated with a bigger turbo, and when caning the car for long periods, although for some reason it seems to be a popular modification.

I am sure a bigger clutch will be more insurance friendly as well.