favorit pics?

Jaymz

Yeah Favorit's aren't bad cars :) Designed by Bertone. If you can find a low mileage example with no signs of rust that's been garaged it could actually be a good investment as you'd likely get it very cheap :) I guess the grass is always greener on the other side which is why I like the idea of a Felicia or a rapid/estelle :)

Here's a link or two I saved up that sell favorit body bits.

ELLRI design (select catalogue then favorit, afaik the clear light units would be illegal in the UK due to the reflectors. Using xe.com/ucc the price for a front grille is under

I want the white one. I don't like those phony grille type things at the back (and I know they're not diffusers, you don't hang a chunk of fibreglass across the back of a diffuser in the airflow)!!

Favorits are so much fun to drive - but they are getting harder to find.

If you go to look at one try to look behind the plastic trim on the rear arches - a little rust here is normal but any holes is probably fatal as it will eat into the inner arch and the sill and cost a fortune to put right. Also look at the pots at the top of the shocks in the engine bay as they rust on the seams there.

Finally in my experience I have found the hatches rust the worst around the glass on ones with the vinyl edging around the rubbers - the glxis and they can rust badly on the rear spoiler if it has been used to open and shut the hatch.

I need a good hatch for my Favorit (94 M) if anyone knows of a good one in Kings blue the very dark blue non-metallic which was also used on the Felicia

My tailgate is also getting rust holes. I have sprayed anti-rust spray into the cavity through the drain holes, and the rust hole, and sprayed the rubber seal with silicone oil which is supposed to help make rubber seals more flexible and help prevent cracking. It is also water resistant. Don't know if it's done any good yet.

It's difficult to see behind the plastic trim, you can sort of carefully prise it away a little to look behind. Probably best to sort of grab the metal behind it and apply some pressure and see if chunks come off (probably best to not let the seller see lol). I have had big chunks of rusted metal coming from nearside one. Intending to rip the trim off and try do something about the rust then stick it back, probably with no more nails double sided tape.

I recently switched from an S reg Felicia to an M reg Favorit GLXiE Silverline edition. Lovely little car, and I've switched over the parts from my Felicia which included 15" alloys, HP Sporting suspension kit and some other bits and bobs... this is what it looks like now:

feefav_6.jpg

weefav_5.jpg

Not to everyone's liking but I like it :)

I recently switched from an S reg Felicia to an M reg Favorit GLXiE Silverline edition. Lovely little car, and I've switched over the parts from my Felicia which included 15" alloys, HP Sporting suspension kit and some other bits and bobs... this is what it looks like now:

feefav_6.jpg

weefav_5.jpg

Not to everyone's liking but I like it :)

i think it looks awsome :D

• 4 weeks later...

Favorits are great cars for the money u can pick em up for. mine was 400 squids originally with 13k on the clock, absolutely mint , then spent a wad on it, but still like nothing else on the road, which makes me smile, just needs a bigger engine

car013.jpg

car014.jpg

absolutely loving that man, even though i dont usually like such extensive mods on fav fronts!

where did you source your fibreglass bootlid? i've sent a couple of enquiries but never hurts to have multiple sources!

the boot was completely fabricated with sheet metal, and extends to suit the kit , by about 2 inches. the exhaust cut out was smoothed to to keep the smooth them going.

problem is its to heavy for the gas struts and has cracked wit vibration,