Coathanger in mouth....

:D ...as vRS on drive! :D

Finally it's here! Picked it up this morning and is perfect (apart from one quick trip back to the dealership when I realised there was no navi CD inside!). Got the diamondbright coating which I have to say makes the car look fantastic as well. Will take some pics when I have to sleep or run out of petrol!

Nice be very interested to see some Pic's especially with the Diamond Bright coating as I have been debating getting that done on mine prior to delivery, I have also gone for Black so would get a good idea of finish etc.

my dad drives a Ford... and has ordered a new one! after saying that a new Octavia was too expensive

to be honest, the majority of major manufacturers these days are alright.

all the old jokes are getting irrelevant!

Just remind your colleagues that it is probably cheaper in income tax terms to drive a fully loaded Skoda than it is to drive a mid range mondeo piece of dagenham rubbish!

"My prejudice against Ford is alright, because I drive a Skoda" :rofl:

MK I focus has been a darn site more reliable than all the skodas that have passed through my family and friends, so they can't be that bad can they.

Sorry mate, just speaking from personal experience, I have had more than my fair share of fords, hence my comment about dagenham dustbins, at the end of the day it's just about personal preferences, and whether you get a beginning, middle or end of the week car I suppose. (I always seemed to get a bad Ford:confused: )

my dad drives a Ford... and has ordered a new one! after saying that a new Octavia was too expensive

to be honest, the majority of major manufacturers these days are alright.

all the old jokes are getting irrelevant!

Nothing wrong with the cars (the local dealer is a nightmare though), but it's either Mazda 6s or Ford Mondeos as company cars here and they all look too uniform.

I've been very lucky with cars

1st car 1989 Vauxhall Astra merit 1.3.

Owned 3 yr 30000 miles

Problems - water pump seal

2nd 1997 Vauxhall Astra Arctic 1.6 16v

Owned 18mths 25000 miles

Problems - none

3rd 2001 Ford Focus 1.9TD 90bhp

Owned 3yr 60000 miles

Problems - warped brake caliper, couple of rattles

4th 2003 Renault Clio 1.5 Dci 100bhp

Owned 3.5yr 58000 miles

Problems - Electric window x2, Sunroof seal x2, clutch cylinder, steering wheel cover, peeling alloys, CD player and radio broken, rear brake caliper handbrake mechanism, endless squeaks and rattles.

Difficult to get parts, Renault forgetting they ever made the model.

5th 2007 Octavia vRS TFSI

TBA

Apart from the Renault which I suppose only had annoying failures not serious ones I've had pretty good service from Vauxhall and Ford. I quite regretted getting rid of the Focus I thought it was a great car. I actually saw it last Saturday and it looked the same as when I had it. We're quite lucky in having good local Ford and Vauxhall dealers who still do the customer service bit but they are a bit dearer than the big chains.

Just for you...

Excuse the dent in the back, 3 days old and what can only be described as a dickhead rear ended me :mad:

LOL same thing, only on day zero on way back from dealer!

Car was litterally 20 minutes old!

White van man, red traffic light means STOP using your own steam, not my car!!! :finger:

Sorry mate, just speaking from personal experience, I have had more than my fair share of fords, hence my comment about dagenham dustbins, at the end of the day it's just about personal preferences, and whether you get a beginning, middle or end of the week car I suppose. (I always seemed to get a bad Ford:confused: )

Yeah, cos the robots that build cars really care what day of the week it is:rolleyes:

I've owned lots of cars, the only ones I ever had any grief with were Skoda's (and most of the new shape toyota avensis'), plus the dealers are all sh*te.

Dont get any trouble with the Mondeo's at all, funny how all the Skoda dealers are closing and the sales have fallen through the floor since they started overpricing a budget brand and treating there core customers (cab drivers) like cr*p.

Dont get me wrong, the Octavia is a fairly decent car, It simply isn't reliable enough for what they charge for it, Skoda seem to have forgotten that they are a budget brand, and no matter how many times they try to tell us otherwise with fancy adverts, they always will be.

Ford are a middle of the road manufacturer, they dont pretend to be something they are not, and they charge a fair price for a decent car, they might not be the most amazing looking or cutting edge designs, but no-one can deny the driver enjoyment of any Ford, they simply make cars that handle well and are a joy to drive!

How do you get a warped brake caliper? Do you mean disc?

Somethingin the caliper was twisted/out of kilter and kept warping disks. Went through 3 in a month, done under warranty even though the car had just gone over the 1yr that covered the brakes.