Flash Car Wash Discontinued. Now What?

Silk

I visited Halford the other day to top up with water filters for my Flash Car Wash, only to find it's been discontinued:mad: A call to Procter and Gamble confirms this to be the case. I've had a search around and no one has any left.

Now, I don't really have the time to polish the car every week and, I don't care what anyone says, drying cloths and chamois are no match for the Flash when it comes to the quality of finish. I found an inline water softener, that's really what the problem is, on the net for about 45 quid - ouch!

I just want to be able to give the car a quick effortless was once a week. I cover around 1,000 between washes, so it's a waste of time spending more than about half an hour. So, short of using the car wash, what's the second bast way to clean a car, leaving it streak free?

Clean your car using the two bucket method (do a search if you dont know it). Then when you come to dry it, use a quick detailing spray like the one you can get with the Meguiards Quick Clay. Spray it onto a panel, then wipe dry with an Autoglym Water Towel Magnet.

Waxing your car every couple of months will help too.

Clean your car using the two bucket method (do a search if you dont know it). Then when you come to dry it, use a quick detailing spray like the one you can get with the Meguiards Quick Clay. Spray it onto a panel, then wipe dry with an Autoglym Water Towel Magnet.

Waxing your car every couple of months will help too.

Thanks. Still sounds like hard work though.

rain water in a watering can, so ive been told ;)

Maybe a trip out to a soft water area and fill up a nice big container at a Service Station.:) Not even sure if that would be soft enough, but worth a try. I know one of my neighbour uses water from a rain butt, and that seems to work. Just hassle of getting one and setting it all up and keeping it clean. Work again see - not good:thumbdwn:

Hey mate get yourself down to your local Poundstretcher or instore mate, you can pick up a new flash car wash thing for £5, I noticed this the other week to get a couple of spare filters.

I much prefer using a bucket to rinse, then soapy water, then rinse and a chamois and then a full waxing session and then a polish.

Hope this helps mate.

David

Hey mate get yourself down to your local Poundstretcher or instore mate, you can pick up a new flash car wash thing for £5, I noticed this the other week to get a couple of spare filters.

I much prefer using a bucket to rinse, then soapy water, then rinse and a chamois and then a full waxing session and then a polish.

Hope this helps mate.

David

Why would you apply polish over wax? Or did I read that wrong? :s

He meant to say:

Originally Posted by Skodaboy1983

I much prefer using a bucket to rinse, then soapy water, then rinse and a chamois and then a full polishing session and then a waxing.

Hope this helps mate.

David

Easy alternative! Once washer and rinsed, hose your car with a very low pressure trickle, and no hose nozzle, so that it dioesn't splash or mist when it hits the bodywork. If you start at the top, and gently work down the car, you will effectively dry the car with normal water. Works better is waxed, obvously, but I can get 97.6% of the standing water off of my car, making further drying a damn site easier.

Phil