Gran Turismo 5

m17rkj

Well at least if they release the Prologue version soon (next month? :really: ;) ), we'll have to be getting on with until the release next year. The added bonus of having your cars carried over to the full version is a nice touch :thumbup:

I've watched every download of PSN and it does look very very good :drool:

I suspect once prologue is released, the full game will be delayed until autumn of 2008.

But I really, really hope they don't - this is the game I've been waiting for since I bought the PS3.

I suspect once prologue is released, the full game will be delayed until autumn of 2008.

But I really, really hope they don't - this is the game I've been waiting for since I bought the PS3.

its the only reason i'm gonna be buying a PS3! hurry up Sony!

Mark

• 1 month later...

:bump:

GT5 Prologue with Suzuka circuit; anyone else got this yet?

Just downloaded it, and looks great. In car view is good and you do get the real sense of speed, plus there's more scenery as well as loads of mobile chicanes to deal with :D

Had fun setting up the Jap account to download it, but looks like it was well worth the effort :thumbup:

Can't wait now :)

• 3 months later...

Just been reading up about GT5. Apparently it has support for remote play on the PSP so you can use the PSP as a rear view mirror in the game.

How cool is that? I mean remote play has been pretty useless up until now.

It's also looking like christmas 2008 for GT5.. clicky.. :thumbdwn:

That was always going to be the case, with GT5 Prologue out in the UK in 2 weeks time, the main game was never going to be out soon.

Having sold my x box 360, and gone geeky with PC gaming, GT 5 WILL have me buying a PS3. GT1 made me buy a PS1, it was an awesome game back then, lets hope 5 isn't a let down :)

I've always been a total GT fanboy, but having played whichever GT5 demo Tom downloaded onto his PS3 before he flogged it, I think I prefer Forza2 - the cars in GT just felt a little light and the lack of feedback via the rumble only added to the disconnected feeling.

The full game could well be a lot better though, and DualShock 3 will/should be out by then...here's hoping

I too want (and bought!) a PS3 for GT5, not realising it was so far away, so sold it! :rofl:

Will buy another though when its released :)

I've always been a total GT fanboy, but having played whichever GT5 demo Tom downloaded onto his PS3 before he flogged it, I think I prefer Forza2 - the cars in GT just felt a little light and the lack of feedback via the rumble only added to the disconnected feeling.

The full game could well be a lot better though, and DualShock 3 will/should be out by then...here's hoping

Err, sorry, there is one way and one way only to play GT5, and that's with a Logitech G25 wheel. I have one, it's the mutt's nuts :D

Must get the game though - still only have the demo version and on a big screen in high def, it's just lush :D

Err, sorry, there is one way and one way only to play GT5, and that's with a Logitech G25 wheel. I have one, it's the mutt's nuts :D

Must get the game though - still only have the demo version and on a big screen in high def, it's just lush :D

I dunno, Whilst the GT25 looks absolutely awesome, I think the Driving Force GT wheel offers a cheaper alternative with a killer feature, the ability to change the car's setup from the jog dial on the wheel. I for one never use manual gears on GT games so a lot of the GT25's functionality would be lost on me I'm afraid.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/playstation_3/devices/4172&cl=us,en