My 1st Thread

cruising

Hello everyone from my A5 Octavia 1.9 tdi with Exenons and not reached its 1st birthday yet, but with bags of problems,

Flywheel and part clutch replaced, also drivers seat replaced due to lumber totally broken, passenger seat cover replaced owing to inferior material, internal alarm sensor replaced as it often triggered the alarm even when garaged, cables in s/wheel housing rattled & had to be repositioned, the ticket holder was slack which I fixed by stuffing cardboard in between trim, and finally, I too have the creaking rear suspension which can be embarrassing. The Mk 1 Oct tdi which I traded in after 5 years and 46k miles had a much better build / trim / paint quality, wish now I had kept it !

Any comments would be welcomed.

What is SWMBO please ?

Not a good start to Mk2 ownership. Personally i'm very impressed with the build quality, performance and handling of mine. I'm unfortunately giving up my Octy next month as its a company car and i'm moving jobs. It's only now that i'm shopping around for another car that I realise what a really well engineered, solid car it is.

If I thought my £8k budget would buy me a well specced 2.0TDI Mk2 i'd have gone for it but alas no so i've settled for a 2005 low mileage Primera 2.2 Dci, £1,600 below book price :) with all the toys. 58% depreciation in 2.5 years! I'm glad i'm buying it and not selling it. lol

SWMBO originally comes from "H Rider Haggard's" novel "She" (good read BTW), by way of John Mortimer's "Rumpole of the Bailey" (the character, not just the eponymous volume). HRH is never named as Rumpole's inspiration that I know of, but I'm absolutely certain that Rumpole would have read HRH.

I have one female friend who refers to her ex as "He Who Thought He Must Be Obeyed".

All totally off-topic I know.

Yes, that's right - He Who Must Be Obedient...

hehehe... I like that. Spats... watch out.... you fall into that category ;)

Welcome Cruiser... from one newb to another. Everyone seems quite friendly over here, I like it. I'm sure that the members on here can help you iron out the issues with the car, and have you smiling in no time ;)