alpha engine for skoda 130

TimmyRascal

I think the 145/146 had a flat 1.6. I quite fancied one in the day. Had a quick look at ‘tinternet and the 120ps engine (in standard trim) was a Twin Spark though.

I came close to buying a V6 75 once, but the gear lever came off in my hand during the test drive.

Thanks for the info, but I'm having real trouble finding out essentially what engine would be best for me to go for. The current situation is I've built a kit car using all of the Skoda 130's running gear (including engine) and got a whopping 65 bhp to play with right now. Would ideally like to get around 120 bhp. Any ideas? Maybe 1.6 felicia engine?

...Another skoda all alloy lump is best suited to a rear engined skud or a similar weighted alloy engine, nothing heavy, else the fine handling is upset.

Surely its easier to just tune the existing engine?

Fabia 1400 block, cam, throttle bodies on custom management or twin 38/40 DCOEs, 4-1manifold+exhaust,uprated valve springs, head work, should see 130bhp+

my mate has found me an alfa 33 its only done 3000 miles but then rolled and has been sitting in his dad garage since, he only wants £50, so that would be much cheaper but where can i go and get a adaptor plate? any other factors do i need to think about?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...