Octavia Sport (or maybe not!!)

I was going to view this car 2005 55 SKODA OCTAVIA 2.0 SPORT TDi PD 140 BHP 6 SPEED - eBay Skoda, Cars, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 11-Oct-07 21:05:06 BST)

But on examining the photos a bit closer, I don't actually think its a sport at all! Look at the steering wheel and the colour of the seats and the fact that it has no 'sport' decals. Is the car really an ambient with metal dash trim alloys and a body kit?

I don't have a sport, but to me the steering wheel and seats are wrong. The steering wheel should be the same as in the vRS(?), but without the silver bit at the bottom.

The sport has a variation of the vRS bodykit and thats about it, there are very few other changes from a normal octavia. The interior apart from the silver trim is as per a nomal octavia.

I think the steering wheel was an optional extra, and the seats could be specified in any colour you wanted.

As ag. morley mentioned, I think the original spoiler was a lip type. That one in the picture is clearly a vRS one.

The ebay car has ESP and TPM as per the original spec. The exhaust tips and Pegasus wheels are consistent too.

As for the spoiler..........:rubchin:

Ride height looks about right.

Sports seats and 3 spoke steering wheel are standard on the sport too so I don't know what the deal is with the 4 spoker. maybe a spec change?

No maxidot either and the plastic wheel nut covers are missing. :P

It looks a sport, minus the fin but replaced with a vrs spoiler, seats look correct but steering wheel should be three spoke leather unless earlier sports didnt get the 3 spoke leather???

the sport kit changed somewhere around the 06 to include 3 spoke vrs steering wheel, vrs seats(in grey cloth) and sport badges on the side.

Mine for example is half and half - has the badges but not the seats or steering wheel. So what you get over the ambient is esp, sport bodykit which is slightly different to vrs, sport kick plates, leather gear kn0b and handbrake plus 17inch alloys, sport suspension, exhaust trim. The only thing that is a little odd is the silver surround on the radio - don't think thats standard....and the vrs spoiler which are probably pretty good mods....

good price but high miles,