ABD intake manifold??

Steevie Wonder

Steevie

Somewhere you'll find a pick of my engine bay with one of these on. They are ideal for standing your cup of tea on while working in the engine bay! Couldn't tell you what it gives you over standard manifold because it was put on at the same time as everything else with my engine.

Steevie

Somewhere you'll find a pick of my engine bay with one of these on. They are ideal for standing your cup of tea on while working in the engine bay! Couldn't tell you what it gives you over standard manifold because it was put on at the same time as everything else with my engine.

I want a shiney cup holder! :rolleyes:

Sure i've seen somewhere tho that these are not for road use, cant see why. I could be wrong.

I want a shiney cup holder! :rolleyes:

Sure i've seen somewhere tho that these are not for road use, cant see why. I could be wrong.

Being American, all ABD bits have "not for road use", but no need to worry about that over here!

Power corrupts and Absolute power corrupts absolutely!.....But i still desire it!!! :orb_flami

Any one heard of a GASFLOWED THROTTLE BODY, and is it any good? Supplier bosts a 7bhp gain?

:D :D :D

still gonna wheel spin all the time if you try and drive it flat out every thogh, you need 4WD mate ;)

True, it does pain me when I think about that too much:) Still once it's up and running it's not too bad, you soon learn to be extra gentle with the loud pedal:D

Steevie

Cheers Leeboy, I think one is going to be ordered pretty soon.....monday morning!

Looks good if nothing else, and as you say a good place to keep your brew!!!!:D Don't think i'll have my engine bay as clean as yours though!!

Looking good mate:thumbup:

Steve:)

Anyone running one of these?

They are not the best flowing manifold. Ross Machine inlet or Monster 007 are the best. Ross are available from JBS and Monster available from Badger 5. Both are available in small port and large port. For ultimate, a large port 007 combined with a R32 throttle body and port match your head will give you about 40 bhp extra plus lb/ft. You might run out of injector though, with additional air flow. A small port 007 and standard throttle body will give about 20-25 bhp, with gains across the rev range.

You can find more info on EliteDubs.Com - Index on Audi, Seat, Skoda and Volkswagen Tuning Support Forum.. There's a comparison of all inlets including the ABD.:thumbup:

They are not the best flowing manifold. Ross Machine inlet or Monster 007 are the best. Ross are available from JBS and Monster available from Badger 5. Both are available in small port and large port. For ultimate, a large port 007 combined with a R32 throttle body and port match your head will give you about 40 bhp extra plus lb/ft. You might run out of injector though, with additional air flow. A small port 007 and standard throttle body will give about 20-25 bhp, with gains across the rev range.

You can find more info on EliteDubs.Com - Index on Audi, Seat, Skoda and Volkswagen Tuning Support Forum.. There's a comparison of all inlets including the ABD.:thumbup:

My ABD intake cost me £320 all in and made very good gains on a small port head. Whats the price difference between all of these manifolds delivered to your door.

My ABD intake cost me £320 all in and made very good gains on a small port head. Whats the price difference between all of these manifolds delivered to your door.

I think both JBSand Badger are selling them for around £500 and they'll be putting a profit margin on. They retail at $700, so if you buy direct and sort the import tax (if you know what I mean) you could get hold of one for about £400 or just over.

I'm not saying the ABD isn't a good inlet, I'm saying you can get better flowing inlets.

I think ABD claim 12 bhp for a small port, and monster claim 25 bhp for the same.

17340.attach

I think both JBSand Badger are selling them for around £500 and they'll be putting a profit margin on. They retail at $700, so if you buy direct and sort the import tax (if you know what I mean) you could get hold of one for about £400 or just over.

I'm not saying the ABD isn't a good inlet, I'm saying you can get better flowing inlets.

I think ABD claim 12 bhp for a small port, and monster claim 25 bhp for the same.

That's all well and good but is it shiny with racing stamped on it, makes all the difference you know. :D