New Fabia Body kit - pictures

Ants

Skodas are not meant to catch the eye of the common person, they leave that job to the mainstream marques. They are more subtle and discerning. The styling is understated, not bold and pretending to be a something it isnt; A la Corsa VXR/New Civic. They appeal to people with common sense, on a budget who dont need to make some sort of stupid statement and use thier car as a fashion symbol - so the styling is well rounded and safe, just like the previous Fabia.

Hmm...I'll have to remember that...next time I look at my car :)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16s look purposefull. They might handle pants with anything bigger as most cars do.

I do love sweeping statements! :rofl:

Not a fan of the looks myself - seems to be trying too hard to be sporty, without actually looking sporty :(

Chris

What exactly do you mean by this??:confused:

Have you driven either??

We are talking about looks here not how they drive and yes both cars look pretentious because the styling is that stupid they are trying to imitate the look of a space shuttle. The Fabia 2 styling still maintains a relativley normal approach.

I do love sweeping statements! :rofl:

...On most cars if you fit larger diameter rims you ruin the handling.

I cant see any side skirts on that Fabia also. Doesnt anyone know if there are any available with the bumpers?

Just how many cars have you fitted larger diameter rims to, to know that?!

I went from 14s to 17s on a Volvo 360, 14s to 16s on another 360, 14s to 16s to 17s on a Sierra XR4x4, 15s to 16s on a Saab 9000 turbo, 13s to 15s on a Skoda Rapid, 14s to 15s on a Corolla GTi-16 and 15s to 16s on a Rover 216GTi ...So yes, I can say in nearly all circumstances the handling was worsened with the addition of bigger wheels.

Ever heard of the "gyroscope effect" and "tramlining" when fitting bigger wheels?

Arguement Against Larger wheels:

1. Poor performance in the wet

2. Poor performance on un even roads

3. The effects of tramlinging or more severe

4. Increase the weight of the car

5. Produce a harsher ride

6. Increases the moving unsprung weight

7. Larger wheels may increase the spring rate, and make the car more sensitive to suspension geometry changes

8. Slower acceleration

9. Accelerated wear on suspension components

10. Gyrscope effect is amplified- bigger wheels will resist the change in direction more than smaller ones.

Arguement Against Larger wheels:

7. Larger wheels may increase the spring rate, and make the car more sensitive to suspension geometry changes

8. Slower acceleration

10. Gyrscope effect is amplified- bigger wheels will resist the change in direction more than smaller ones.

Yeah... but your forgetting something.. bigger wheels look cool! :D:cool:

Oh and it's a Fabia so from the factory it's not going to have the best handling anyway.. :P:D

Oh and it's a Fabia so from the factory it's not going to have the best handling anyway.. :P:D]

Spot on :thumbup: ...but why make it handle even worse just to make it look...erm..."cool" was my reasoning.

Yes, Bigger rims fill the arches, give the car an aggressive, bigger appearence, but from a handling/track day/racing perspective is a negative.

Still think its an alright looking car though, just like the Fabia 1.

I went from 14s to 17s on a Volvo 360, 14s to 16s on another 360, 14s to 16s to 17s on a Sierra XR4x4, 15s to 16s on a Saab 9000 turbo, 13s to 15s on a Skoda Rapid, 14s to 15s on a Corolla GTi-16 and 15s to 16s on a Rover 216GTi ...So yes, I can say in nearly all circumstances the handling was worsened with the addition of bigger wheels.

Ever heard of the "gyroscope effect" and "tramlining" when fitting bigger wheels?

I'm not surprised you ruined the handling on your cars as all you wheel increases have been 'extreme' e.g 14" to 17" on your Volvo 360 for a start.

One of the earlier increased wheel size setups was on the Mk I and Mk II Golf GTi with Pirelli, marketed as the 'Plus 1' setup. This took the OEM 13" wheels to 14" with correspondingly lower profile tyres. An increase of this proportion can, and often will, provide an improvement in handling; why else does the Fabia I have 14/15" as standard and 16" for the vRS. Going to 17" is IMHO too far.

For Fabia II 15/16" is standard so 17" will be OK - but any larger will be too far; unless you are doing it purely for bling/maxpower styling effect!!

8. Slower acceleration

1. Down to tyres

2. See 1.

3. See 1.

4. Depends on the wheel!

5. Depends on the size of the sidewall

6. See 4.

7. See 4.

8. See 4.

9. See 4.

10. Possibly - so they'll actually weight up the steering nicely? :D

FWIW, I have changed the wheels up an inch on several cars and have only found benefits from doing so and haven't worn out my suspension or compromised acceleration or experienced poor performance in the wet or on uneven roads.

My Mondeo currently sits on 17" wheels, yet I could have specified 18" wheels from the factory and likewise the "lesser" models which come on 16" wheels could have 17" wheels from the factory. Presumably Ford wouldn't be allowing this if it was dangerous and would ruin the handling?

I'm also puzzled why you kept upping the size of the wheels on all the above cars if you'd decided it wasn't a good idea?! :confused:

Chris

Has anyone thought of photoshopping stripes on a kitted Fabia 2?

Might be able to get a photo of one in the flesh tomorrow when I pop into my dealer. A couple of weeks ago they had a 'special' of a red Fabia with white stripes, door mirrors and alloys; very fetching.

If it is still in their showroom, I'll get a pic or two.

Here as promised is a Red Fabia with some white stripes and wheels - shaded of the Czech (sorry, Italian) job?

Thanks for posting the pics mate. Really nice to see. I think though the white wheels, stripes etc is all too common now; Minis, Swifts and the citroen C types with white wheels etc. Shame though as Skoda could be onto something with new young buyers.

Thanks for posting the pics mate. Really nice to see. I think though the white wheels, stripes etc is all too common now; Minis, Swifts and the citroen C types with white wheels etc. Shame though as Skoda could be onto something with new young buyers.

Not Skoda's idea this one; its a dealer special, although you can do a 'white roof' as an OEM option I believe.