Fabia vRS owners bad/reckless drivers??

Neo_VR

I'm 24 and this is my first hot hatch and I found the insurance quotes for this car taking the mick, The most expensive quote was £700, I eventually got mine down to £320 a year with 6 years no claims and driving.

I'm a safe driver and don't push the car, I bought the car because I was recommedned to buy one and diesel being a factor as well.

The drivers I have seen driving Fabia Vrs' all seem to be slighty older than me in my area anyway so I don't see a problem with a lot of them being crashed.

Also I live in the worst postcode area in edinburgh EH8 for car crime.

Just my view

David

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

theres several such muppets on this site, and its those people tooling around like on that and lots of other youtube vids pushing insurance prices up

Oooh... name and shame :D

I must admit since buying my Octy I've started driving like a granddad :o

People who film themselves roaring around on a public road deserve everything that they get IMO... we only have a small minority on Briskoda which is our only saving grace.

I see mainly older drivers driving the Fubry/Octy's round by me... and the day I see a spotty youth in a hoody driving one with his mates on board will be a very sad day indeed :(

same here, maybe because it is the newest car I have ever owned in my life and my most expensive one as well!

I used to drive quick when I had my first couple of cars and the focus as well I had before but this one I drive like a grandad just sit back and enjoy the ride.

David

Agreed. I was surprised how expensive some of the quotes were when I tried shopping around. Direct Line was by far the cheapest for me at just over £400 a year with me being 26 and 4 years protected NCB and my wife (29 years old) on the policy too.

Norwhich Union were by far the most expensive, so much so it was laughable. Needless to say they did not 'quote me happy'. £1300 I think it was compared to the figures above.

Still, it was cheaper to insure the vRS than a Mondeo TDCi 130 Ghia or a Mazda 6 TS2 136 diesel. Not sure if it'll stay that way though.

I see more and more vRS's on the roads but as per some above posts, they all seem to be driven by more mature drivers round my area. I've only seen a couple driven by young people and only one boyed up one in Maccy D's car park (surprise surprise).

Seeing that video on YouTube though scares me a little. It would appear tw4ts are buying Skodas now and as a result the insirance premiums are bound to rise alongside the claim rate/ risk. The same happened as previously said with things like Saxo's/ 106's etc.

I have to say that since I bought the Fabia i've started driving slower

In my Corsa I couldn't go fast as it was a 1.2 so I didn't try!

In my Satria GTi I will admit to some speedy driving but never wreckless... Just a few blasts on country roads but it was more medium speed cornering etc than 3 figure blats!

With the fab I just enjoy the turbo woosh and stick to speed limits etc

then overtake barryboy paxo's and the line on nice straight clear roads when its safe to.

Oh and i'm 24 with 4 years NCB and a clean licience ;)

Steve

Just got quotes for my "Chipping" mods and the quote is only £20 more than with my current insurance unmodified. Why is that ?

Both are well south of £350, maybe the insurance stated the "bad driver" argument to justify their expense.

Have you also tried just tapping in the details as a new client? I used NU for a while, got a renewal. I used one of those comparison sites to get some other quotes and NU came out £200 less.

So I went to NU, tapped in all my details and it was still £200 less than my renewal. Rang them up, loads of BS about convictions not being in (they have records up to 6 years, site only asked in the last 3 years), claims etc. Eventually offered £50 discount there and then. I said no.

Then rang the new customer helpline and joined again for a discount...

I got my VRS cos its a performance diesel (to my mind), its my 4th diesel; 2 peugeots, 205 van and 106 car (both were ace) a clio diesel (excellent motor) and now the scud.

Insurance on the 205 was £650 and I only paid £250 for it (the van that is), anyway after I proved that it was the volvo that ran me off the road and not my own reckless incompetence the insurance went down a hell of a lot and now I have my employers insurance (zurich) so I got no idea what the premium is but there's no additional premium for mods as long as my lease company are cool with it :thumbup:

As for no claims I cant believe how some people on this thread manage to accumulate so much:eek:

My 106 drivers side was wrecked when someone left their van at top of street and didn't apply hand brake correctly (oh I guess I wasn't to blame for that :o)

But I left the clio for half an hor and came bac to a heavily gouged and scratched front end that cost £950 to sort.

I think I have 3 years ncb now and got quoted £350 and I'm 39! (years young)

All the scrotes round here drive the usual suspects.

EDIT: just watched a few of those mr chimp vids and it seems he has access to a few motors which begs the question: "has anyone on here had their pride n joy to a garage in the north east leeds area in the last few weeks???"

Does it depend on area? I mean, back home in Scarborough all the 'scrotes' still drive older cars as there's less money floating about. You still even see the odd Nova kicking about. :D

Round here I only see older people driving vRS's with the occasional exception. I must take another look at the members map to see where most of them are situated.....

I pay £400 for mine, with double figure no-claims bonus (if it goes that high), but I live in North manchester where people know w thing or two about robbing cars. In perspective, my old Astra cost over £700 and it was worth about a grand and was less powerful.

Have you also tried just tapping in the details as a new client?

Never having had my own insurance before, I was a "new client" when insuring my SE. Admiral and Elephant were the only ones under 400, and everyone else (who would actually insure me) were 600+

Obviously having no NCB doesn't help

Direct Line & Churchill refused to insure me. When I asked Churchill, they said it was becuase the Furby vRS was in the class of cars where they require a minimum 3 years NCB before they will quote/ iinsure someone.

Admiral and Elephant were the only ones under 400, and everyone else (who would actually insure me) were 600+

I found similar, although it transpired that I was comparing Admiral's 10 month accelerator policy to a regular 12 month policy. Still, it's a good way of building no-claims bonus quicker :D

Chris

Always get a new quote from your insurer before taking up their renewal offer! Almost every year Direct Line works out the cheapest for me, but only if I get a new policy. You'd think that they had realised I'd twigged by now and it would be cheaper and easier for both of us simply to give a sensible renewal price.

When I got my vRS this year they only charged me £25 to swap the remaining 9 months of my policy from an Astra Diesel Estate onto the Furby. On closer inspection it only cost £10, the remainder being an admin fee. So I'm reckoning on the Furby only being £15-£20 more than the Astra to insure.