Fabia vRS owners bad/reckless drivers??

Neo_VR

Insurance? don't bother with it.

You only get fined a couple of hundred quid if you get caught without it.

Bargain:thumbup:

( That was a joke btw, all my mods. are declared, and I pay a fairly reasonable £350 ish for quite a lot of non standard additions.)

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shows you know nowt about the Fabia.

Aw come on now. He wasn't being a Philistine, merely being Philanthropic in sharing his 'views' :rolleyes: after such an extended period of ownership.

I just think that Philately, erm Phil lately, would do better collecting stamps. :P

Aw come on now. He wasn't being a Philistine, merely being Philanthropic in sharing his 'views' :rolleyes: after such an extended period of ownership.

I just think that Philately, erm Phil lately, would do better collecting stamps. :P

I see what you did there :thumbup:

I always assumed this but you have to read the small print as some insurers will charge you extra for mods and then replace them with OEM items :(

Chris

That's shocking. I know some, like Tesco, force you to use their sh1tty bodyshop too.

One of the most conceited answers I've seen in ages. "all it had going for it' ? Shows you know nowt about the Fabia.

Try -

1) Good price

2) Excellent residuals

3) Superb economy

4) Good performance

5) Good handling

6) Excellent build

7) Very reliable

I'm one of those you talk about 'documenting' it's minor faults but that's not to say it's $hite and that's how you always seem to come across with the Fabia. Maybe I should say that the Vauxhall Monaro is for people who can't afford a real sports car, or maybe that's a bit rude. :rolleyes:

im with Phil, think the Fabia is overrated and under-steery and so far from quick that echos many of the owners......

but then i have a dislike of diesels , and small cars, and light grey interiors and if im honest and it may be an age thing.... clutches.

Just thought I'd quickly share my view on the insurance side of things as I'm just coming to renew mine and have been shopping about. I'm currently with Brentacre who have been great up to now, last year my premium nearly halved from £1600 to £888 and this year unfortunately they haven't been able to compete with Adrian Flux. I've just been quoted £680. I'm 22 (and a half ;) ) with 3yrs no claims, have progressively modified my car to now include a hybrid along with many other bits and the premium still continues to fall. Would be interesting to find out a standard quote to see how much difference the mods have made. Oh yeah that's fully comp with £350 excess I think or something like that. I don't think that's bad and if it continues to go down I'll be happy however I'm looking to buy a roadster of some sort in 6 months time as I have a new job so dread to think how much that's going to set me back.

That must have changed recently as they didn't 5 years ago! :o:rofl:

Chris

I read it somewhere about a year ago IIRC. No experience myself, but I have had bad experience of insurance co's 'approved reapairers', so I'm very careful to insist I have the choice.

Thinking about it, I dont really know why peopl ehave the impression that they get broken frequently.

StrutBrace2.jpg

inverted.jpg

specialcrash.jpg

wall.jpg

2.jpg

I do not remember giving you permission to display my past five vrs's :rofl:

a little decorum please, I am trying to get insured you know :)

National

So are we saying that all the above images were young drivers then?

No I admitted to them and I am sixty going on twentyfive

Yellow Furbies rule = cool

National aka Jimbo

Just saw that #5 isn't a vRS. And that #1 was just some damage done by someone trying to be a good Samaritan. :)

#1 could have purchased a towing eye off devonutopia and done the job :rofl:

Hows you doing, I am on the vrs now traded the 1.9tdi

National

Discuss...

Wreckless is an opinion, if you have an old driver in front of you doing 40 in a 60 you'll think "the amount of accidents this guy must cause due to his lack of road sense", when you overtake him the old man will think "look at this hooligan - the amount of accidents he must cause" etc etc.

im with Phil, think the Fabia is overrated and under-steery and so far from quick that echos many of the owners......

but then i have a dislike of diesels , and small cars, and light grey interiors and if im honest and it may be an age thing.... clutches.

But what would you know? You drive like a tool apparentyl

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/freedom-talk/redbaron-again/92235/

;)