Clear coat on VRS wheels

mikebh50

Hi

whils washing the car yesterday i noticed that there are a few places where the clear coat has peeled off and there are some marks around the valves .the car is going in for its 30000 service at Robinsons Norwich next friday so my question is have i any chance making a claim for this under the warranty as the car is not 3 years old till next march.any advice would be great.

Mike:thumbdwn::thumbup:????

At 30,000 miles they may well blame another external source for the damage. Stones, using the wrong stuff to clean them etc. If not cleaned regularly then brake dust can eat into and damage the paint/clearcoat.

Hi JMC thanks for the reply that good to hear so hopefully i stand a chance.just a quick question did they only change the wheels that were faulty or did they change all 4 in case they all started to fail.

mike??

They only changed the one.

The impression I got was that if you have issues with more than one alloy then you are less likely to get them replaced as they will try and blame it on your method of washing, i.e. using acid cleaner etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Car has been in to Robinsons in Norwich for 30,000 mile service and they have agreed that the clear coat is coming off 1 wheel and there is corrosion on the other 3 so new set of wheels have been ordered also new seal for drivers door as electric window really struggles to shut(how does the seal help?) plus they came and picked the car up from my works and delivered it back before i left off at no extra charge.What can i say they are AWESOME will be taking it there for all work from now on.

Mike:thumbup::D

Hi

Sorry my mistake not been done yet going in on the 29th Nov.Just wanted to know how a seal inside the door helps the window.guy did say its a git to do as they have to take the door panel off.

mike:)

Sounds like they might mean the window seal rather than the door seal.

Cheers

Dave.