Skoda - 1 SEAT - 0

Hey guys and gals :)

Heard of a rolling road centre open near me last weekend so decided to go and have a look at what my Furby was putting out, went with a couple of mates and was bricking it in case my little Furb was putting out less than standard figures :o

There was a guy there from Durham that had the SEAT Leon FR 2.0T petrol with a supposed 150bhp as standard managed an output of 144bhp, he didn't say how much torque it output, anyway he stuck around to see the tractor run (Mine lol) and promptly left soon after my results, with his tail between his legs.

But £35 poorer and 10 minutes later I was grinning from ear to ear to find out my standard Fabia vRS is outputting 154.0bhp and a whopping 290lb/ft torque!!

The guys at the garage couldn't believe it and asked if I had it re-mapped, I said no and that i've had the car since new, 0 miles and it now has 9,500 on :D Anyway they thought it was a duff run so put it on another 2 times and it put out the same the second time and 155.6bhp and 291lb/ft on the third. Unfortunately the boost level metre wasn't running properly so they couldn't tell me that information :)

Anyway the guy with the SEAT said jammy ******* then promptly left :rofl:

Anyway now I think that puts me as second, behind oilburnin'nut as the fastest standard Fabia vRS, right?

Also i've got the printout with me but still need to upload the photo, if people don't believe me I can kindly arrange to send the graph :)

Do you think Skoda's re-mapped it before it left the factory?

No idea mate, just he was there and said it was meant to have 150bhp standard and it was a turbo'd 2.0 petrol :)

So i'm just going off what he said :D

Oh and for anyone who knows the Boldon area a lot (I know one person on here shops at Asda!) the place where I went is called V-Sport (Ironic?) and it's located at the Boldon Industrial Estate, some nice chaps there as well, but the place is quite small and cramped, but overall impressions were good :)

I bet it was really a 2.0FSI (non turbo)with a FR body kit; They're 150bhp std.

You're probably right mate, as I asked him if it had any turbo lag and what it was like and he said there was no lag at all, and that the turbo kicked in at around 4,000rpm....

Nice one mate. Want to get mine RR'd at some point

Yeah i wasn't going to get it done but decided to for a laugh, now I can't wait to get her re-mapped!

Funny thing is, about 2 months back I got beat in a straight line off a 106Gti, no idea if it was standard but he just kept pulling away from me albeit slowly :P

now I can't wait to get her re-mapped!

It will be interesting ;)

I can't see you getting another 40bhp and 70Lbs/Ft on top of what you have :confused:

If you get it mapped you should go back to the same RR and see if there is any difference :thumbup:

That's because of its power-weight ratio

Fabia

Weight: 1300kg

Power: 154bhp

Power to weight: 118bhp per tonne

Pug

Weight: 950kg

Power: 120bhp

Power to weight: 126bhp per tonne

So shouldn't be a whole lot in it, especially with the diesels mid-range torque. If the Pug is the same as the Saxo, the only real way to get decent power is a supercharger kit and peripherals and I think that would be closer to 200bhp per tonne and, assuming the thing could get traction, would be seriously quick :D

Chris

Thats alot of torque for a standard fabia vRS:confused: Where did you get it RR?

I've had mine remapped and had it RR at Awesome a few weeks ago ran 170bhp and 270 ft/Ibs torque and mine definitely pulls alot better than standard:confused:

Paul

i know of a standard fabia being rolling roaded at 169 bhp but on another set of rollers he only managed 150 bhp which i think is about spot on different rollers well give different readings yours may well have been a tad optimistic

They always estimate the power given at the flywheel though through a few guesses and calculations. Without attaching the kit directly to the flywheel they can never really know the true drivetrain losses which will depend on temperature, wear, oil age (which also brings with it viscosity differences with temp and age etc).

I'm not saying that all these claims of 150bhp+ are not true when RR'd, but you need to be realistic about the claims and always remain sceptical. These things are more useful to gauge gains from modding after a baseline test than to compare to other cars RR'd on different rollers.