Flaps OR Not

mikebh50

Hi

I have a black VRS and this time of year its a real sh-- to keep clean.Now i have read many posts on mudflaps but just want a few peoples thoughts on the skoda ones or am i better going for some of the after market ones as the skoda ones seen quite short which may not stop all the crap and stones going up the side of the car.Anyway any help or site where to buy from would be great.

Mike:)

There is a firm on ebay that sells mud flaps for the Fabia. They are a like it or not item and there was a big discussion about these not too long ago. Here is a link to the ebay page RallyflapZ for Skoda Fabia Vrs - Mudflaps Mud flaps on eBay, also, Skoda, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 08-Dec-07 10:49:49 GMT)

RallyflapZ for Skoda Fabia Vrs - I think some of the contributors on here prototyped these for the Fabia vRS, but I can't seem to find any feedback. Any pointers please?

The biggest problem I have is not the sides of the car so much as the hatch-back and rear window which currently have about 69 tonnes of errm.. stuff on them. Will decent muddies reduce this or will they make it worse?

A decent set of mud flaps will stop most of the dirt and muck going on the rear bumper and windcreen. They stop most of the dirt from being sucked up by the airflow from under your car on to the back. The rally flaps worked on my RS Focus, as that had the same problem. I am buying a set of the rally flaps for my car later this month.

Hi

Same here the back does get really ****ty but its the stone chips i want to stop as well as the muck.Not sure about the red ones on a black car but may look ok in black .Would be good to see a pic of them fitted in black just not sure about the look as i will be driving to work not taking part in a rallly stage

:confused:

Mike

i think the rally flaps look good,as long as they are the same colour as your car,i know a few of the octavia boys have rally flaps fitted and the general consensus is they work great but arn't to everyone's taste,me i think i'll just sit on the fence:thumbup:

I have had the Rally Flapz fittd to my car I was one of the lucky ones to get a set for free as I Initiated the whole mudflaps for the VRS project.

I have attached an image of my car from a view where you can see the flaps.

I think they look realy good and are not lary like some. Even better the black they do is a perfect match.

To be honest I do think they make a difference to the muck up the sides of the car but do not stop muck on the rear of the car. They do seem to stop mud and bits getting on the side of the car. They kind of seem to catch the bigger particles and the pure spray gets to the side of the car.

For me they were worth it, they look just as good as OEM but you do not have to cut the body work of the car or bend the plastic to shaope with a hair dryer. They also take about 1 hour to fit in total.

I'm sure I did leave a review of the flaps and other pics were posted.

17927.attach

17928.attach

17929.attach

17930.attach

Hi Chris

i take it that you have the black ones on yours as you can't really see them in the pics.Do you have any close up pics as i really would luv to stop the back of the car getting so dirty but also i don't want to think why did i buy them once i have fitted them.Also are they numpty proof when it comes to fittng them?

mike...

I think they look realy good and are not lary like some. Even better the black they do is a perfect match.

I'm sure I did leave a review of the flaps and other pics were posted.

Thanks Chris, nice subtle look. I think its worthwhile ordering some from Santa Clause.

:thumbup:

Nothing will stop the crap getting to the read of your car in

this weather, you will just have to live with it :)

Tell me about it, I washed the car on Thursday and polished it, only for it rain and get filthy coming back from a meet the same night. The girlfriend cleaned it saturday and it's black again.

I hate having a yellow car in the winter! :thumbdwn:

I'm not keen on the rally flaps, but I have seen mudflaps with the skoda name and emblem on them on a fabia vrs, think I have a pic on my camera phone. Not sure if a direct fit for the fabia but they looked good.

Davy

the rallyflaps ones come with the VRS emblem on them. I decidied not to put them on.

To be honest the flaps were quite straight forward to fit and anyone should be able to do them . They fit into the holes for the OEM flaps.

The thng is the muck going onto the back of the car does not actually come from spray off the tyres but from underneath of the car from the road and into the vortex created by the hatchback shape.

You cannot really get around the muck on the rear of the car

Tell me about it, I washed the car on Thursday and polished it, only for it rain and get filthy coming back from a meet the same night. The girlfriend cleaned it saturday and it's black again.

I hate having a yellow car in the winter! :thumbdwn:

At least you can find it in a car park :)

NOT. Every car i have owned over 10 years old has had premature wheel arch rot (mud flaps fitted), and needed welding. Better to have mud on the car behind you than to have it uploaded near against your wheel arches.

PS if you drive a wagon, then you need mud flaps, for other road users well being. Thx