Mongrel video

It's a bit damp out tonight. Was using BryanD's camera mount he gave me, so I gave it some beans focussed in on the speedo. :) Private road, but even my private roads seem to suffer with the rain (must install that under-road drying system one day) - Last bit was me battling around my own roundabout. Could not get grip in 3rd at the top end. :o

th_FAB-SPEED.jpg

12 o'clock is 60mph. Due to lack of grip and me not using full power (due to that) 60mph comes up in about 8 seconds, but it keeps going round to get to 100mph in about 17 seconds (note it picks up when 3rd is found, but again ASR comes on a bit), and I back-off at 110.

Snoopie - You're looking a dashpod. :P Just looking at acceleration and lack of grip, possibly emphasised by the sounds. Might be able to hear the turbo as well.

I do have CEL on - That's due to the EGR so I "ain't bovvered"

"seatbelt" one is actually the airbag. Again, I know why and will sort it out sometime

Fuel light is probably due to my driving style. Must tank up today sometime.

as far as i can work out thats 60-100 in 13s and 0-100 in 23s but not knowing the fabia speedo i am having to guess the markers :)

60 is 12 noon on the clock, and 100 is halfway between the 90 and 110 when the needle starts going half the speed. I've reviewed the original video and it crosses the 60mph at 20, and gets to 100 on 28 to 29, so thats 8, maybe 9 seconds for 60-100. from 0 it's about 17 maybe 18 seconds, but I was starting from some lights, in the wet, and a left hander on to the dual carriageway, and there is also a sudden peak uphill which is why suddenly the traction light went off at about 60mph.

Sure, it's not super fast, but it's a benchmark given the road conditions.

Really do want a ride out in her again sometime... :)

She needs some overhauling over Xmas though. Front bushes are shot I'm sure, and the handling is "woolly" to say the least. With some more bits & pieces and Allards magic again I'm hoping she'll be at a point where I won't want to do any more.

if thbig marks are 90 and 110 then i agree its more like 8-9 seconds from 60-100, do you carry on full powr after that as it seems to slow down a lot from 100mph onwards.

It does slow down a bit as the good old BRICK aerodynamics and the gearing come into play, but that night it was not safe to really go over a ton. Only needed a patch of water (had been raining hard all evening) and I could have aquaplaned.... So, I backed off at 110 and simply eased off the gas and used the engine to brake me back to 80.

Not sure what my 100 - 130 is, but I think it's quite quick if I used 5th gear. Not a "statistic" I really take huge pleasure in trying, and I'm sure I've never tried it before. :D

Snoopie isn't far off with 220. I've done no runs without NOS, and it's quite plausible for this video that I was running on diesel alone as I've not topped up the propane tank for a while and it could well be empty. Probably running about 230 then.

Is it only 260BHP witht he nos then?

That's the only dyno run I've actually done with this turbo and setup, and that was with NOS, yes. :) I have absolutely no idea what NOS does, but I can guess that diesel alone is 230bhp (those injectors sure limit the fuelling) propane allows another 10, maybe 15bhp, and NOS gives the rest.

I'm hoping with new nozzles, I will be at about 270+ bhp with no need for propane or NOS. That should be fun. :cool: