Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Aw for gods sake.

Is everybody OK??

Is it a bad shunt or just a creased bumper or two??

Either way, I bet you are totally gutted and you have my sympathies :(

I've always been sceptical of people who said they've got whiplash from a crash as it appears to be a greatly abused claim, but woke up this morning and it feels like I have a steel rod in my neck!

You can tell that an Audi hit me, there's an imprint of 4 circles on my rear end:rolleyes:

The fr & Rr bumpers are trashed and the bonnet and rear hatch looks like they've been pushed in as there are large gaps at the sides. Not sure of the damage behind the bumpers, currently waiting for Ins & garage to sort out hire cars and collection.

18006.attach

18007.attach

I'd be demanding a new car...

The more I think about this the more it's starting to really P. me off:mad:

When he hit me the car was only 46 hrs old, I had only actually driven it for about 8 hrs and done 530 miles. This car has to last me at least 4 years - do I really want to be driving around for the next 4 years in a damaged, repair job?

I've come to the conclusion that I don't and I would prefer a new car, like for like as vRS Len stated.

So the question is what are my rights? Can I demand this from the guilty party's insurers, or can they insist that I accept my repaired car as settlement based upon the repair cost?

Well if they insist on repairing the car make sure you demand a payment for loss of manufacturers warrenty on the damaged areas and any systems connected to them (reversing sensors etc).

Also make sure the payment covers the now reduced value of your car since a car that has been in an accident will be less desirable to a second hand buyer and HPI etc will tell them it has been

HTH

Sorry to hear about the acident, always gutting on a new car.

Surely a HPI check would only show if a car has been written off and would not have any information on a small knock that has been repaired? Hence resale value would be unaffected.

As far as a new car goes I would imagine that this would only happen if your car was beyond economic repair i.e. written off. Unfortunately insurance companies are not in the habit of spending anymore than they have too. I would however insist that it is repaired in a garage that you approve off. When I had an accident in my old Mk1 I got it repaired at the body shop in my local dealer (also happened to be a BMW approved bodyshop). They had I believe a 3 year warranty on all work carried out by them. This meant I effectively did not lose any of my manufacturers warranty as it was covered by the garage (in fact the garage waranty on their work went past the remaining manufacturers one I had at the time).

Hence I would imagine you will have great difficulty getting anything more than the cost of the repair out of the insurance company.

Phoned the insurance this morning and basically they will only write off the vehicle and offer a brand new replacement if the repair estimate is over 80% of the market value of the car.

Asked about the reduced value in future and they said that if that was the case then I could pursue a further claim in the future for loss of SH value.

The car's gone back to the main Skoda dealer where I boought it from, so hopefully shouldn't be any problem in repairing it to manufacturers Spec. The insurance also said that they will warrant any repairs for 5 years, so actually better than Skoda:)

Phoned the insurance this morning and basically they will only write off the vehicle and offer a brand new replacement if the repair estimate is over 80% of the market value of the car.

Asked about the reduced value in future and they said that if that was the case then I could pursue a further claim in the future for loss of SH value.

The car's gone back to the main Skoda dealer where I boought it from, so hopefully shouldn't be any problem in repairing it to manufacturers Spec. The insurance also said that they will warrant any repairs for 5 years, so actually better than Skoda:)

You absolutely can claim for loss of value - I got 8% of the value of my car when it was rear ended , and this is at the time of the accident , not at some unspecified time in the future.

I'd get legal advice on this (do you have cover on your own policy?) as I wouldn't want a car that's had to be straightened when it's less than a week old.

In Ireland I was told by someone in the know that you can claim depreciation on the value of the repair bill as follows,

15-20% - if car is less than a year

10% - if 1-3 years old

I pushed for 15% after getting rear ended....was nowhere near as bad as yours.

Your right about the sore back....its amazing how stiff a small shunt can make your back.

Keep an eye on your rear tail lights.......mine started getting condensation, as I said mine was a lot less of a tap than your.

I feel for you 100mphplus, my brand new fabia combi tdi was rear ended by white van man in july, 750 miles on the clock, I to got pushed into the vehicle in front. It was a total loss eventually. Are you with Skoda finance (Zurich)? It sounds like your Vehicle may be repairable, just make sure you are happy with the work done, get it checked if necessary and get your entitlement to hire car and compensation for your injuries.

Hope you are back in the VRS tdi soon.

Phoned the dealers today and they reckon it's repairable and are waiting for the Ins. Engineer to inspect and approve, then they have to wait for parts. Looks like I won't be getting it back for a few weeks yet :(

Forms have gone into the Solicitors for injury compensation and SH loss of value.