Whiteline Rear ARB fitted

novaneil

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, get a whiteline

Succinct and from a buying power approach, probably correct.

However, the Jabba bar does come across in this thread as being marginally harder/better than the highest setting on the Whiteline bar. The Whiteline fitting kit also needs some fettling to make it fit the Fabia's rear beam. Though once fitted, it looks more permanent than the Jabba bar's method.

My own approach is this "Either bar is far better than running without one".

J.

no, get a whiteline

Thing is im getting it fitted at the local garage as i have no tools and dont want them messing about trying to fix it on charging for labour as people say its a bit tight fixing the u brackets!

Thing is im getting it fitted at the local garage as i have no tools and dont want them messing about trying to fix it on charging for labour as people say its a bit tight fixing the u brackets!

Download the fitting/fixing guide someone posted onto Briskoda a few weeks ago. Then take it along to your local garage so they can see what's involved.

Similarly, for the Jabba bar. There's guides around. Probably on fabia-vrs.com.

J.

what tools are needed to fit the arb to a fabia vrs?

would a novice like me be able to do it?

I've done a few things around the car before but never fitting suspension parts.

Yeah you'll be fine, the jabba one has four bolts. The whiteline one a couple more, but still only attached at four points. Spanners and a socket set will be fine.

Oh, and look on fabia vrs web site ;):)

Mate, I fitted the Whiteline one myself with basic tools in next to no time. If the garage can't simply mod the brackets in a matter of 5 minutes they shouldn't be in business!!!

Just think what that extra £100 could go towards!!!

There the same products!!!

They do the same things!!!

Both are a massive improvement over the standard setup!!

Ones £100 cheaper than the other...

Its not Rocket Science in my book :thumbup:

you are right about the spacing. its not just twisting that affects the bar performance it can also bend ;) Its similar to lateral torsional buckling and the p delta effect.

So to correct this, you could put a 3rd, middle bracket... this would stop the buckling.

Correct me if im wrong...

I have the Jabba fitted to my Fabia and the Whiteline fitted to my Roomster

Jabba Pro's

Quality finish on the bar

*Fitting is accurate and quality

*Stiffer that a stiff thing (Perfectly balanced for the VRS and with the right tyres you can get rid of understeer completely)

*It's obviously been made/developed the british way (Tried and tested 100's of times till they found the best combo of geometry/materials/thickness) which IMHO will give you a far better product. It's actually been made for this car and it works excellently.

Jabba Con's

*Mykalor clamps are a bit pants to fit but they do the job

*Price

*Not adjustable

Whiteline Pro's

*The kit is much more a professional assembly (The clamps are fantastic)

*Price

*Adjustable

Whiteline Con's

* The finish of the actual bar is cack. Mine needed surgery to get it to fit as the one end was poorly manufactured. it's also sprayed and not powder coated (Unlike the jabba) hence the rust seen above

*It doesn't perform as well as you would expect. While it does a good job it's kind of obvious that it's just a bar they designed to fit many other cars with a few changes to make it fit

* Even though it's adjustable I have found little difference in the performance

*Noise, mine rattles over poor surfaces. I have checked it ten times, no play in anything, no rubbing. It seems to be moving on the poly bushes :thumbdwn:

I think it's all about what you want. IMHO the Jabba bar is a better performer and if you have the money you should spend it. I think it may be too much for some people though because to push the Jabba bar you need some nuts or a track session.

The Whiteline is a bit softer, and a bit cheaper in several senses of the word. It does a fine job especially for the money but it's not a focused as the Jabba bar. It would suit the majority of people on here who just commute and generally go from A to B. The Jabba bar could make the rear a bit stiff and if you not thinking you could end up facing the wrong way which is not what most people want.

You get what you pay for. If I had a choice on the Roomy I would spend the extra and have the Jabba. At least I would be confident of the quality and the fact I would really be able to enjoy my driving :thumbup:

Someone said if you buy cheap you buy twice......more truth in that than they realise I think.

If mine starts to rust I'll simply buy a Jabba bar, no messing. Until then (couple of years perhaps?) I'll make do with the Whiteline.

Wonder if the whiteline fitting brackets will fit the Jabba bar?...hmm....

Someone said if you buy cheap you buy twice......more truth in that than they realise I think.

If mine starts to rust I'll simply buy a Jabba bar, no messing. Until then (couple of years perhaps?) I'll make do with the Whiteline.

Wonder if the whiteline fitting brackets will fit the Jabba bar?...hmm....

If you could find bushes to fit the thicker bar then i'm sure you could.

I can vouch for Decron's statement, as i am the beneficiary of the transplanted Jabba bar. Still looks as good as new.

My conclusion is that the Jabba RARB is re-assuringly expensive.