Whiteline Rear ARB fitted

novaneil

Interesting reading about the problem with your Bar... Mine is fine :confused: Like has been said earlier maybe you've had one off a bad batch. I currently own the Fabia Whiteline bar i've just fitted. Plus a Rear Whiteline ARB on my Corsa and have recently fitted Front and Rear Whiteline ARB's to a EG Honda Civic, all have been excellant quality.

I've done some more driving with mine (still not dry roads though) this time ICY and Damp single track backlanes. And I can report its a HOOT to drive and certainly keeps you on your toes when pushing it but its Sooo predictable and stable. Love it!!!

Can't wait for some dry conditions!!!!!! :)

Neil

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive just removed my jabba bar today... if i stack it in the next week, its because of that bar.. car feels crap without it :o

Still can't get my head round why you'd take it off, other than warranty claims perhaps.

Sell a kidney so you can afford to keep it on.....you know you want to. :thumbup:

Still can't get my head round why you'd take it off, other than warranty claims perhaps.

Sell a kidney so you can afford to keep it on.....you know you want to. :thumbup:

Car is being put back to std, the bar has been sold for someone else to enjoy.

i miss it already, its just an understeery mess now.. no adjustability whatsoever :(

• 2 months later...

I fitted Whiteine rear ARB this weekend.

The car is less understeery, rolls a little less, has better turn-in and more traction out of the corner. Speed through the corner is also higher. It's a very good modification, worth every cent. I can recommend it to everyone. :thumbup:Except that it's not precisely made, it doesn't have a downside.

looked at the do it yourself link looks fairly simply but is this product just the same better or worse than the jabba one is the jabba one worth the extra money cheers

If you read the rest of this thread from the start there is a discussion of the differences between the 2 bars. The Jabba one is better put together and thicker but costs a fair bit more. Also the method of attaching the Whiteline is better IMO as it has proper brackets and drop links.

On comparing the two, having just fitted the Jabba one again:

Basically, drop links as per the whiteline one are more flexible but to be fair the jabba one is easy enough to fit too, so I dont mind that. But the brackets are a complete utter pain in the backside to fit in the middle.

The material of the bar itself is excellent though so it seems. And it works well :D

In all honesty the Whiteline brackets in the middle can also be a pain.....they aren't wide enough to go over the rear beam so so have to widen them a bit. :(

Aside from that, quite an easy job.

I am loving mine.

The only drawback I have found apart from the nightmare fitting is that it rattles. I have checked every nut and bolt but it's all good so I can only presume that it's coming from the play in the bushes.

I've had mine on for 2 months now and have done 3000 miles with not one rattle :confused: Something can't be connected right surely?

Absolutely loving mine :thumbup: And for the money its an awesome upgrade. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Neil

I've had mine on for 2 months now and have done 3000 miles with not one rattle :confused: Something can't be connected right surely?

Absolutely loving mine :thumbup: And for the money its an awesome upgrade. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Neil

Agreed. :D

Neil, get is set to stiff mode.....none of that namby pamby 'medium' stuff. :P

Agreed. :D

Neil, get is set to stiff mode.....none of that namby pamby 'medium' stuff. :P

Haha, I did give it a try for a few weeks, but I found coupled with the Eibach springs overall it felt better for me on Medium.

Upgrading to Coilovers soon though and have just received my Cupra / Powerflex bushes for the front so will do it all at once, then i'll have a play with the bar settings again :thumbup:

Interesting reading. I won't be selling my Jabba one and replacing with a whiteline just yet though.

But why would you do such a thing? The Whiteline is there for people who don't want to fork out over £200 for the Jabba one (like me :)).

I think the Jabba one will be better. It is fatter and the quality of construction is greater, but it's just a tad pricey and so the Whiteline is an ideal alternative. I guess you could always upgrade to the Jabba later on if you want more stiffness. How much more stiffness it gives you is debatable but I think it's safe to assume that alongside the greater levels of construction and the extra 'girth' comes greater stiffness.

I know Skudmissile Johns car does feel a bit more oversteery than mine. He has the Jabba bar, I have the whiteline. On the same roundabout you have to throw mine a little harder to get the tail out whereas his was a little more keen in that department.

But, you make the rear ARB stiffer and you get more jiggle and reduced ride over uneven surfaces. Bit of a pay off I think for the improved handling.

The Fabia II vRS should come with independant rear suspension IMO. Rear twist beams are a bit old fashioned, especially when they make them as bendy as they are on the standard cars. If the standard beam was stiffer there'd be no need for RARB's on these cars.

Hi guys,

I've had a Jabba ARB fitted to my fabia for a while now and it's completely transformed the way the car drives on what is a relatively standard car!

I was toying with the idea of a whiteline bar at the time but what put me in the direction of the Jabba bar was this whiteline appication chart...

http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/bulletins/010barup.pdf

So in theory, if the rear has (purely for example) a 16mm bar as standard, by their chart, a 19mm bar adds 99%, whereas a jabba bar, being 23mm adds327%.

That's more than 3 times a stiffer bar, for only aprox twice the money, there was no question for me, Jabba all the way! :)

Hi guys,

I've had a Jabba ARB fitted to my fabia for a while now and it's completely transformed the way the car drives on what is a relatively standard car!

I was toying with the idea of a whiteline bar at the time but what put me in the direction of the Jabba bar was this whiteline appication chart...

http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/bulletins/010barup.pdf

So in theory, if the rear has (purely for example) a 16mm bar as standard, by their chart, a 19mm bar adds 99%, whereas a jabba bar, being 23mm adds327%.

That's more than 3 times a stiffer bar, for only aprox twice the money, there was no question for me, Jabba all the way! :)

Haha, if it was that clear cut why don't Whiteline make a 23mm bar if the benefits are that much greater :confused: I don't think its as simple as you've just put it im afraid. Whiteline spend considerable time & money developing their products. Im sure its that thickness for a reason.

At the end of the day its £100 cheaper, both are now tried and tested and to me that £100 extra would have to give quite a gain to impress me more than my Whiteline one does at the moment. I can't see it personally but I stand to be corrected... :cool:

Neil

Haha, if it was that clear cut why don't Whiteline make a 23mm bar if the benefits are that much greater :confused: I don't think its as simple as you've just put it im afraid. Whiteline spend considerable time & money developing their products. Im sure its that thickness for a reason.

At the end of the day its £100 cheaper, both are now tried and tested and to me that £100 extra would have to give quite a gain to impress me more than my Whiteline one does at the moment. I can't see it personally but I stand to be corrected... :cool:

Neil

Not only that but that chart doesn't take into account the type of steel used etc etc. Sure, with like for like materials then yes it stands to reason thicker is better, but in this case we're talking 2 totally different bars so it's not quite as simple as that.

From my experience, yes the Jabba bar is better for easier oversteer but only by a smidgen. The Whiteline bar does a good enough job (when put on the stiffest setting :D)

Just read the whole thread and still cant work out if the whiteline is better value than the jabba one??? please help me as my money is burning a whole in my pocket! is it worth spending the extra money on the jabba bar???? :confused: