MPG of the Fabia Vrs

I was shown last night by MikeSM56, it is in the neck of the filler of the tank, it's like a wee eye on the right hand side of the tank, brim your tank and then with the nozzle of the pump push the nipple, you will hear a rush of vapor and then the diesel will escape down into the tank then you can start filling again. If I'm wrong then somebody can explain the correct reason but I think thats what it is.

Davy

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Best I've ever had on the trip computer was 80.9mpg for a 126 mile trip from Brum to Leeds.

I think the most I've had out of a tank though is 485 miles. I just fill up as normal, none of this extra tank gubbins!

I usually get about 430 miles on a tank, with normal commuting, 15 miles each way.

18090.attach

I`m on 502 miles on a vented fill. comp says 200 miles left so even if its half right that`ll be 600 miles to a tank.

now as a self employed courier i couldnt be happier saving me a fortune and its much nicer to drive that my last car although not as much fun as my crx`s were but hey i`m getting old and my hips cant take 1000 miles a week in a rex anymore

Best I've ever had on the trip computer was 80.9mpg for a 126 mile trip from Brum to Leeds.

I think the most I've had out of a tank though is 485 miles. I just fill up as normal, none of this extra tank gubbins!

I usually get about 430 miles on a tank, with normal commuting, 15 miles each way.

Damn - you beat me! - I was just about to post a photo too - showing 78.5mpg on a 60 mile trip from Gloucester to Birmingham on 9 August 2007 - prior to changing the Michelin Pilots to Toyos. Economy significantly less on the new tyres... :thumbdwn:

Most on a tank is 487.6miles - though I never run it too low...

Over 1,000+ miles in my VRS the average is 39.2mpg.

im pretty disappointed with the fuel economy i only get around 270 miles till the red light comes on.

Thought 400 would be reasonable?

Mate that is low you must have a heavy right, I get roughly 416 miles till the light comes on then extra 50 from that point till it is near empty.

Mine says 39.5MPG average, but my intercooler pipe is leaking badly and I'm trying to locate it to fix it, but I'm not sure if it's the pipes or the cooler broken.

I used to get 50MPG when it was alright, but being winter now it will drop a bit on the MPG front but not to 39.5 SURELY????

Anybody else had this happen to them and did it affect the MPG at all?

Ben

Mate that is low you must have a heavy right, I get roughly 416 miles till the light comes on then extra 50 from that point till it is near empty.

He says he lives in the Borders. Hill work is more demanding. If I stick the tight and rough back roads around here, I barely get into the 40s too.

I got 66.5MPG.

I was doing the "no radio, no aircon trick" was wanting to see what was it'd get.

That was a 150mile trip from Silverstone to Chester. Sitting about 60-70Mph.

Standard car.

Couldn't believe the average when i put it on.

Why buy a diesel and worry about economy?! Get out and enjoy it :P:rofl:

Chris

I bought mine as a work car. yes i could have bought a car with better economy but as i was spending alot more than usual i wanted something i could live with for the next two and half years. and couldnt afford a cupra diesel.

like i said before this thing saves me £50 a week:thumbup::thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. Im currently selling my Civic Type R because of the poor fuel economy. I get around 260 miles out of £50, think thats around 20 - 23 mpg.

I take it my fuel bills will half with the VRS? Are people still getting decent economy whilst still being heavy on the right foot?

Im like most of you, quite slow during the week but give it beans during the weekend ;)

Thanks

i dont understand this i just drove around 70 miles of a roads tonight sitting below 60mph with the cruise on most of the way until roadworks on the M'Way where i sat at 50mph, now i was driving like a granny and only got 49.2 mpf, what is going on?? thats using Shell ultimate (dear stuff) and Millers power sport? is there something im missing or shouldnt i be well into the 50's even the 60's???

My car averages around 55MPG doing 21.5 mile runs... depending on my driving style it varies from 48 at the lowest, to 59 at the highest...

Using the calculator and brim-to-brim method these figures are in fact 45MPG to 55MPG (still v.good for a performance diesel)

If I try hard to be economical I can get it to 62-63MPG on the gauge no problem...

My previous SDI did a consistent 55MPG even if I thrashed it... but then I had half the power and never had the smile on my face!

I seriously don't understand how someone can get 39MPG from a VRS, that's either some seriously heavy overtaking or something's wrong... tyre pressures, maybe?

[EDIT] This morning, on a good hard 33.5 mile run, in which I overtook 6 or 7 cars, the gauge read 52.9MPG (and I imagine this would work out to 50.7MPG, if the gauge is consistently inaccurate)