MPG of the Fabia Vrs

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Before my car was serviced I got 48ish (on computer, average over a tank)

Since it's been serviced I've got 52-3ish on a tank, on the computer. The single trip computer display quite oftan hits 60... I've had 66.6 before :eek:

The service was at 50k and full including belt and intercooler pipe seals. It hadn't been serviced for 2 years before this... but had only done 5k a year... I should say, that's the previous owners fault, I got the full service almost imediatly after buying it.

My trip to work and back is 5 miles urban and 5 miles A road (50, then 40).

A "Sprited" motorway run (say, London - Manchester) has never seen it drop below 42.

However.. computer aside.. I get about 500miles between fill ups.. and never drive below 10-20 miles left in tank. My computer doesn't seem to far off then :)

Edited by reflex88

I've had my VRS for just over 6 weeks now and finally got a chance to work out my average MPG, my highest recorded average and my lowest mpg.

My actual average working it out myself with how many litres i fill the tank with and how many miles I do between fill ups works out at 44.9mpg. My highest recorded on the display was 53.1 mpg cruising at 80-85 on a M6 run which was 556 miles long! My lowest has been 38mpg!!!!

I commute 23miles each way daily and I do every kind of road - A road, B road, single track road & dual carriage way. I drive mostly ignoring MPG and i'm quite an enthusiastic driver. The best i've seen out of a tank full was 413 miles!

cant believe some of the mpg figures im seeing here, over the last 2500 miles mines showing an average of 45-46mpg, ive only owned it for the last 1000 but even nursed i only average 50-52mpg on the way to the g/fs which is 14 miles away, about 8 town and A road, 6 motorway, i dont do 50mph on the motorway though lol, but i dont do 80+ either

on a 14 mile drive thats good going if your driving nicely not thrashing it the engine will not be at norm running temp for a good part of that when i leave my place as its got a lot of traffic calming by time ive covered first 4 or 5 miles temp guage still at zero and average mpg car being driving gently not getting to 30mph is about 20mpg ish once its warm and i leave same journey if popping in and out it does a lot better over same stretch