MPG of the Fabia Vrs

Well last night our trip up north ended and this was out first chance to really drive the Fabia long distance.

On the way up to Inverness we were hitting 55mpg which is the most the car has done on a long distance and that included a stop at Pitlochery for 40 mins.

On the way to Aviemore we went via Loch Ness which involved driving around Inverness to get to Lochness which was stop start and even then we hit between 48-52 to the gallon when we came down to Aviemore.

Over the next day the car did a couple of wee short Jaunts from Boat of Garten to aviemore which still did not effect the fuel consumption.

Yestersday with the car just sitting on under half a tank the car pulled a remarkable 56mpg to the gallon including a stop at the Inlaws on route.

The Petrol light came on at 416 miles but I know there is prob another 30-40 miles left in the tank.

I've not had the car that long and for it's first run up north I'm very impressed and I can't complain, I've got another couple of jaunts to do at the weekend up to Kinross way there and back and back again later in the evening so wonder what it will do next time??

Friends who we were with at the weekend are impressed by the look of the car and the performance, I was a passenger in my Youth Leaders Felicia on Saturday and even that is quite a nice car as well.

Davy

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I tend to average 49 - 53 mpg using the brim the tank and calculator method. The dash mounted reading seems really optimistic on mine - telling me I'm often into the early 60's to the gallon.

It does this well as it's usually 200 miles stints on the motorway late at night with the cruise on - sitting at 70-80 mph. I think in real world driving 45mpg seems more realsitic - still impressive though for a punchy little car like the VRS!

you bunch of heavy footed beggars.:eek: I`m a courier doing 200 miles a day and i usually get 56mpg per day mixed urban and motorway. using the vent in the tank i got 624 miles before filing up computer says 54.5 mpg i calculated 53.8 so id say mine is pretty accurate.

Oh i am driving like miss daisy though.

*swiftly compares forum joining dates*

John... imitation is the greatest form of flattery. Thank you for copying me!

Or we could have just nicked it from the same place using Google image search :D

Google it was my friend, but im sure iv had mine longer! it was prob time for a change anyway!

624 miles! i drove like a granny for 90% of my last tank to see how many miles i could get (all round the village driving mind) and got 440miles from mine!

I got 256 miles today before my guage moved i used to use a 1.4 sunny for work and was using about £130 a week in fuel now im down to about £80-85 i love my furby.

to be honest though i do get overtaken by pavement cossie`s during the week but at weekends i stretch her legs a bit

I got 256 miles today before my guage moved i used to use a 1.4 sunny for work and was using about £130 a week in fuel now im down to about £80-85 i love my furby.

to be honest though i do get overtaken by pavement cossie`s during the week but at weekends i stretch her legs a bit

Same here mate during the week going to work just take it nice and easy but at the weekend like to open the car up a bit.

I was shown the nipple mod last night so going to give that a try when I next fill up.

Davy

Got 65.5 mpg on the dash round trip from Sheffield to Reading. Although I now the computer is optimistic the brim t brim measurements were 59mpg so not bad at all.

Put cruise on at 65 mph and let it go. It's amazing what 5mph does to the economy in 6th gear.

Also I think it helped that I had changed the air filter and performed the "cage" mod a couple of days before the trip.

Can't fault it now. All the rattlesand squeaks are going away just a few to sort at the dealership. More than happy.