Difference in ride height front and back

Hey guys i need some advice. Ive just had the 1.8T estate lowered today. I've put spax springs on that should have lowered the car by 30mm. I've kept the standard shocks as they are ok and i'm short of money. The problem is that the back seems to have lowered much more than 30mm (more like 50-60mm). The front seems right. The springs have the correct codes but my mate at Demon Tweeks said spax often get poundage rates wrong. Have got to check length of spring next week when i get chance.

I've measured from the middle of the centre cap to the wheel arch and it is 360mm on the front and 330mm on the back. Does this seem right on a lowered 1.8T estate. The car looks slightly out of level and the front end seems to struggle for turn in grip, plus it is very bouncy on the front.

I wish I had bought two new standard rear springs even tough they cost more than the four spax.

Any help would be really appreciated:confused:.

When you bought them, did you check they were the correct poundage for the car before fitting them, or did you take a chance and fit them???

This has been covered so many times before, that its just not worth taking a chance with the wrong ones.

Get the old ones put back on ASAP until you get the correct ones sorted out.

The guy at demons who i bought them from (who is a friend) has said they were defo the right ones in terms of the listing and the codes. he has also said there won't be a prob with either refund or swapping rear springs for the correct ones.

Got to wait till Tuesday till i can change them. Just have to pinch wifes Focus for work this weekend.

What is the ride height difference between front and back?:confused:

I meant to ask what is the correct poundage for the 1.8T elegance estate? Sorry to ask but i am fairly new to the forum and i haven't seen much discussion on poundage rates. Are there any back threads? Cheers folks.:confused:

This is just a guess but are the front and back ones different from each other? If so are they the wrong way round as you'd expect the back ones to be heavier maybe?

Does seem level, I have driven thru the back lanes and it has had a bit of bouncing around on the dips and humps and this has seemed to settle it down a bit. What is the distance from the middle of your centre caps to the the wheelarch?

Appreciate the help:)

It isn't level anymore offside rear is much lower than nearside rear (about 1") which suggests to me either shocker is on way out or duff spring. Checked levelness of car with spirit down the door protector and the backof car is a good two cm lower than front on offside. Driving me mad and i can't put original springs back on as nearside rear was bust. Will have to wait till tues to delve into it.:(

It wont be the shock, it will be a spring issue. all the shock does is absorb the spring compressions. When stationery the shock is doing zilch, and the cars weight is on the spring.

It does sound like you have the wrong ones, possibly golf ones instead of octavia.