Chrome Climatronic & Lightswitch Rings

I've had these since the beginning of the year, the one around the light swicth is great and is still there but I got fed up with the heater ones popping off and going down the sides of the seat runners that they are no longer on!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had these since the beginning of the year, the one around the light swicth is great and is still there but I got fed up with the heater ones popping off and going down the sides of the seat runners that they are no longer on!

My rings are on for a year now and the all strongly hold in the place.

To give the climatronicrings a better hold, just squeeze them slightly so that they are not 100% round (don't know how to describe this better). This way they will stick better and you don't have to glue them.

To give the climatronicrings a better hold, just squeeze them slightly so that they are not 100% round (don't know how to describe this better). This way they will stick better and you don't have to glue them.

Top tip (saves messing about with sticky stuff) rings now in place and they complement the dash nicely :thumbup:

I got the thin bezel type ones for the climatronic and headlight controls and they look very classy imo! :thumbup:

I'm still waiting for the one for the mirrors kn0b. It's the only one missing.

The last chrome thing I'm looking for, is gearshift surround, but all I see is for Octy Mk1.

Anyone with the part for Mk2?

Ordered a set for the climatronic and the lights switch last night.

Anyone know of an alternative supplier selling a similar trim for the centre console cup holder? Seen one on Milotec but hard to justify the price they are selling at.

Anyone know of an alternative supplier selling a similar trim for the centre console cup holder? Seen one on Milotec but hard to justify the price they are selling at.

Any link for photo of that one?

Just call it overkill :eek::rofl:

I have the bornstyle rings for over a year now, combined them with the lighterswitchring, the mirroradjusterring and the caps. The caps however are from another supplier.

His name is Master-of-the-Rings at eBay:

eBay Shop: Suchergebnisse für TEZAL-RINGS.

Also did some other minor changes to my car.

Howdy,

Don't know if you have been already asked but where did you get the foot rest. i'd like that.

rgds,

Colin

Hi Colin

It's an original Golf V GTI footrest, bought it at the VAG dealer. And fits like the original black one, just change them.

Costs in Germany only 12,50€!

A lot cheaper than the milotec footrest and it (in my opinion) looks better.

By the way, the gearlever is an original Audi A3/A4 one :thumbup:

Greatings from Germany

Mike

Hi Colin

It's an original Golf V GTI footrest, bought it at the VAG dealer. And fits like the original black one, just change them.

Costs in Germany only 12,50€!

A lot cheaper than the milotec footrest and it (in my opinion) looks better.

By the way, the gearlever is an original Audi A3/A4 one :thumbup:

Greatings from Germany

Mike

Mike, do you have a part number for the foot rest please?

Lee

Mike, do you have a part number for the foot rest please?

Lee

Bear in mind his would have been for a Left Hard Drive ;) One of the lads got one for his car but it wouldn't fit a right hand drive.

Bear in mind his would have been for a Left Hard Drive ;) One of the lads got one for his car but it wouldn't fit a right hand drive.

Ah yes! Cheers Gaff.

Slightly different question then - does anyone have the part code for the RHD part :o

Cheers,

Lee

jasus, thanks for spotting that. I would have jumped straight into the web site.

hopefully we can get the RHD one. class looking.

;-)

For the few LHD drivers on this board, the partnumber of the GTI footrest is:

1KL 864 551 TKH

Sorry, but I don't have the number of the RHD version. Shouldn't be to hard to get the number at a VAG dealer.

Mike