GAFF

Do your REAR Windows make a clunk type noise when going up  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do your REAR Windows make a clunk type noise when going up

• No they make no noise
    • Passangers Side Does
    • Drivers Side Does
    • Both Sides Do

As the title says I have a noise from my rear windows of the car. About 1/3rd of the way up they make a clunk noise, one side being worse than the other.

I've been told they "All do that", which realistically has nearly been the response to every issue I have had with the car. So in an effort to get some real feedback I want to ask you guys so PLEASE vote.

When i picked my vRS up , the driver door window made a clunk from day one , took it back to the dealerships and they knew what the problem was straight away . . .

One of the pullys on the bottom of the window tracks (or something like that), according to the dealers its a regular thing to replace them

When i picked my vRS up , the driver door window made a clunk from day one , took it back to the dealerships and they knew what the problem was straight away . . .

One of the pullys on the bottom of the window tracks (or something like that), according to the dealers its a regular thing to replace them

Interesting, for a change :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I'm getting the "THEY ALL DO THAT" from my dealer and Skoda Ireland Techy. Anyone know of any Bulletin on this, so I can point them in the right direction.

Please keep them coming :thumbup:

Jaysus the hassle you have to go through these days to get your car rectified under warranty. I'd say if I was paying they'd find the fault.

One of the pulleys on the bottom of the window tracks (or something like that), according to the dealers its a regular thing to replace them

Couldn't've said it any better!!! Just make sure you have a little kit ready if your regulator decides to poop. Since this clunking has likely already taken a toll on it.

Good Luck!

Cheers for the info so far, please keep it coming. Going by the above it looks like everyone doesn't have the same problem, and those that do have had it resolved. Please keep the comments coming, this is gonna be used as research to say they DON'T "All Do It".

I'm gonna try keep this thread going for a little while.

Sadder than logging on, on Christmas Day is that I don't think I've actually used my back windows yet!!!:eek: and I got the car in April!

Cheers, Merry Christmas

Rick

Thinking about it, with climate control, the only time I ever open a window is

to collect/post a parking ticket :)

Hi, I'm not the only one!! (That is have this noise from the rear windows!) Yes I asked the same question (on here) over a year ago and didn't get much of a response. :(

I took it to the dealers (Slaters) and they said it was normal :confused:

as the poll suggests this is not normal I should chase up again, maybe with Skoda itself?

Loz

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/ask-tech/octy2-rear-windows-clunking/49310/

I've got the same from the drivers front window. So i don't think its limited to the mk2 octy. I just haven't had a chance to open the door panel up and have a little peek.

they're not all the same as mine only started it recently.

I've been dense at voted in both "drivers side does" and "passenger side does" without voting in the "both sides do". :o

To answer the question, they both do but the passenger side is noticeably worse than the drivers side. No noise from the front windows though.

I've been dense at voted in both "drivers side does" and "passenger side does" without voting in the "both sides do". :o

I removed your vote in either side but your name is still showing up :thumbup: