Remote tailgate opening

Well just been to load up the octy estate as long journey tomorrow, pressed the key fob & although the tailgate popped up I cannot just lift it open I have to use the handle.

The handle and other bits where replaced when trying to sort out my high level brake light problem, this is the first time since then that I have had to use the tailgate, yet another problem to be sorted, seriously looking to get rid of car after just 2.5 months, fancy myself a Toyota.

...seriously looking to get rid of car after just 2.5 months, fancy myself a Toyota.

Don't do it. I've sold my Avensis with just 17.000km on the clock and lost a big money. Had it from new but spent more time at the dealer then in my hands. Lot of troubles, some of them seriously affecting safety. Now I'm back to VAG with Octy. Trust me, it's lot better then Toyota or any japonese (I drive 1 Nissan and 2 Mazdas in my company). I'll never leave german manufacturers again, probably stick with VAG.

You don't really want a Toyota do you?

Not when these have just been launched:D

2008-mazda6-wagon-front-profile.jpg

2008-mazda6-wagon-rear-profile.jpg

*COUGH* Mondeo *COUGH* :D

The last Jap car I had was crap and i've been very happy with the last 3 VAG cars i've had, all Skodas by the way ;)

*COUGH* Mondeo *COUGH* :D

The last Jap car I had was crap and i've been very happy with the last 3 VAG cars i've had, all Skodas by the way ;)

Far sexier car than the Mondeo - :thumbup:

But cabin styling and build quality below the Modeo and FAR below the Octy :)

Mark

Cant agree with you there - thought the cabin / dash were very nice, tho I cant comment on the build quality

A common 'thing' that.

Lots of people have the same thing happen with their tailgates. It's been discussed quite a lot over the last year or so.

lol its one of those features that doesn't work :rofl:.

• 3 weeks later...

Update, the non working tailgate issue was witnessed by the work shop controller, booked car in, and guess what, according to Pilling Skoda all OK, collect car the next morning, same problem.

They now want me to demostrate problem to the technician, I have argued whats the point as workshop controller has already seen problem.

They did go down the line that after remote button been pressed you need to use handle on tailgate, I said that this defeats the object of having remote tailgate. Anyway car going in this saturday to demostrate problem again, im also going to walk around the car park testing other cars proving that I should not have to use handle after using remote, you would have thought they could do this for themselves but no, very poor service.

Update, the non working tailgate issue was witnessed by the work shop controller, booked car in, and guess what, according to Pilling Skoda all OK, collect car the next morning, same problem.

They now want me to demostrate problem to the technician, I have argued whats the point as workshop controller has already seen problem.

They did go down the line that after remote button been pressed you need to use handle on tailgate, I said that this defeats the object of having remote tailgate. Anyway car going in this saturday to demostrate problem again, im also going to walk around the car park testing other cars proving that I should not have to use handle after using remote, you would have thought they could do this for themselves but no, very poor service.

I hear your pain, I reakon the main reason for the feature not working, well on mine anyway is the fact that if you sit the boot lid down (don't close) and look at the gaps between the bootlid rubber cushens either side and adjustable stoppers on either side, one is nowhere near coming in contact with the boot. I noticed this because the little dimples on one rubber block were wearing and the other side was brand new. So by my reakoning theres no cushening for the bootlid so when the bootlock releases the weight of the bootlid is causing it to stay down in the locking position, so when the lock mechanism returns to the locked position (listen for the returning noise after a few seconds) it holds the bootlid down. Also because only one of my cusening blocks is only catching the bootlid then surely the bootlid ain't 100% level so again it wouldn't help the situation.

This would explain why it will lift the second your press and hold the button but won't after a while.

If the Cushening blocks were holding both sides of the boot then when you press and hold the key button it would release the boot lid and probably lift the boot up a little OFF the locking mechanism and hold it in this state till you lift the lid.........................................just my 2cents worth.

Have read all your comments, and i would like to know if the boot lid should open right up and not just release the lock.This is a very good Forum with knowledgable people on it with Skoda products, so what do these people say about the problem?.

I would think not. Just my opinion but I can imagine the displeasure of owners who inadvertently opened their tailgate by remote only to see it smack against a low car park roof or gave someone a hefty nudge as they passed the rear of the car.

• 4 weeks later...