17705 Fault (Good start to new year)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes my problem has been sorted by removing the Jabba map ;)

Would it be possible, or "IMPOSSIBLE", to say which map you used to sort out the problem??????

Glad to hear your sorted mate.

I'm not remapped though! Errrrrr

Could your remap have exploited a weakness in the N249 or have sent it confusing signals I wonder?

I still think my problem is N249 related so I'm gonna go to Skoda at lunch to get a price on a new one.

Hmmmmm I wish this engine was as simple as my old car. Damn ECU's....

Glad to hear your sorted mate.

I'm not remapped though! Errrrrr

Could your remap have exploited a weakness in the N249 or have sent it confusing signals I wonder?

I still think my problem is N249 related so I'm gonna go to Skoda at lunch to get a price on a new one.

Hmmmmm I wish this engine was as simple as my old car. Damn ECU's....

Try this first ;)

LCR 249 Bypass - SEAT Cupra.net

• 8 months later...
every morning (more so now that the car is cold)

if i drive 5 mins down the road(i can tell there is no boost)

pull up turn off and restart drive away with full boost :thumbup:

So it can't be leak related :confused:

same problem as me.have you tried pressure boost valve

my car is the extactly the same ! ive been told ive got a split in one of my pipes but cant find it . its the same when i start the engine no boost and turn it off and turn it back on ive got boost and she flys .

i dont think my car has been mapped or been chipped so i couldnt say its down to that . its going in to a skoda specailist saturday to get sorted hopefully

my car is the extactly the same ! ive been told ive got a split in one of my pipes but cant find it . its the same when i start the engine no boost and turn it off and turn it back on ive got boost and she flys .

i dont think my car has been mapped or been chipped so i couldnt say its down to that . its going in to a skoda specailist saturday to get sorted hopefully

That's what I was told but I just don't buy it.

If you have a split hose you always have a split hose so why when you turn the car on an off does it suddenly go away :confused:

All I can say is I had a custom map with the above problems and the 17705 code.

When the map was put back to standard I did not have the problem or error code again.

That's what I was told but I just don't buy it.

If you have a split hose you always have a split hose so why when you turn the car on an off does it suddenly go away :confused:

All I can say is I had a custom map with the above problems and the 17705 code.

When the map was put back to standard I did not have the problem or error code again.

ye but that means your approx 40bhp down if you had map took off dnt it

ye but that means your approx 40bhp down if you had map took off dnt it

For a start you won't get 40bhp from just a map(well if you go to some tuners you may :rolleyes: )

I don't own the car anymore but as I have said the error code 17705 was caused by the map which gave a cold start error (17705)

This error is common on mapped cars Audi/Golf/Seat........but it can also appear on standard cars.

The car is now running another custom map and there are NO fault codes :thumbup:

You can start changing loads of parts and still have the problem so all I can say is good luck!!!

Guest westallc
For a start you won't get 40bhp from just a map(well if you go to some tuners you may :rolleyes: )

I don't own the car anymore but as I have said the error code 17705 was caused by the map which gave a cold start error (17705)

This error is common on mapped cars Audi/Golf/Seat........but it can also appear on standard cars.

the car is now mine has no fault codes and drives like a dream....:D :D :rofl:

Edited by DGW
Quote fixed

I have the 17705 showing up and the dash light is on, if I clean the throttle body etc, will the light automatically go off, if the problem is cured, or will I have to take it to a dealer to get it deleted etc ?

If you buy yourself vag-com or a code reader you can check the codes and delete them yourself.

The dealer will probably charge you £50+ to do it anyway.

If the light is on it's going to need checking to see what's going on.

Where are you?

Someone local to you may have vag-com to help you?

Im in leeds,A brother works for vw ( although not a grease monkey ), so he plugged it in for me, originally I got an error code ( sorry don't no the number ) for a secondary sensor, something to do with air flow, they replaced the hoses and the fault cleared, I aso had the cam and water pump replaced etc. About 800 miles clocked on and the light came on and vag-com showed the 17705, the mechanics at vw said it was probably the TB that needed cleaning, but even if I did this it would probably return after approx 6k. This is my first skoda, ive always gone for older cars, where they are not plug and play, so im not used to getting lights flashing up all the time etc.What I was wondering is, due to the light coming on just after cam etc been done, if it was something to do with how they had set up the timing etc, ie incorrectly, and that if this could alter the pressure etc.ThanksPaul