Rattle!! (Passenger side speaker)

Hitty86

my driver side rattle is back with avengance. I don't think it's the speaker this time. I think it's the door trim near the speaker. It is worse on cold days. Settibng off from any juntion makes the trim rattle.

The dealer seems to have put black sealant around the bottom of the door panel about 8 months ago an not had a rattle until it's gone cold.

I think I will use folder paper and see what is going on. Problem is that when I get home it's dark and cold :(

Likewise here on the passenger side - but I know it's a broken trim clip and the interior dor panel that needs pakcing out a bit...

This issue definitely is related to the temperature. Like you, I have been free of this rattle for the warm season. Now it's cold again, the rattle is back. Particularly irritating when I play bassy music. Let us all know if you find a solution :)

I have this too!! Why is the passenger side different from the drivers side!? I mentioned it to my dealer today when it was in for rear door seals but its still there so they probably did sod all about it. It sounds like a join or overlap of two bits of plastic just needs a bit of soft padding (tape/felt/blutac) it's just locating the offending area?

Anyone got any updates on this small but annoying niggle?

an update,

accelerating normally from stand still makes whats sounds like the whole passnger door vibrate. How do you take the door card off?

http://briskoda.net/fabia-i/diy-door-sealing-tutorial-costs-less-than-10-a/106846/

I have this rattle/vibration too mainly when driving and the radio is on.... Seems to be one of the plastic panels that is resonating or vibrating against something..... Have been meaning to have a look for ages but never get round to it.

Cheers

Dave.