TT jack point pads

SimonJ

These are supposed to fit a Mk 4 Golf so might see if they fit an Octavia too.

Lift pads for Audi TT fit the JETTAS, GOLFS, New Beetles and Passat B4's!! - TDIClub Forums

OVD :: View topic - MkIV/B5 Lift pads/Jack pads

Should help to protect the floorpan when jacking. I'll find out the cost on Monday.

Anybody already tried them?

I've seen lots of MK1 Octys with damaged sills...

The Passat has some nice pads as standard at the back of the subframe, but they are too low to get my trolley jack under, so I have to drive the car onto a paving slab first!

May well get some of these, certainly potential for a group buy! :)

Picked up the jack pads this morning, came to just over £16.

To fit them I used a trolley jack and some washing up liquid. Dead easy.

FrontJackPad.jpg

RearJackPad.jpg

Had a look under Dad's 07 Polo and he has the same holes, so was thinking the pads would probably fit a Fabia too.

I've seen lots of MK1 Octys with damaged sills...

May well get some of these, certainly potential for a group buy! :)

Yes mine has caved in sills at the front jacking points, it wasn't me i hasten to add

Very useful looking these and would defo go for it should a group buy come up

It seems after over a year of writing this piece that we were mistaken in the application of the jack pads. They are supposed to be simultaneously with a jack at the DEALER. Weight must be distributed equally across the four pads else bending of the body is likely to occur. That being said there are specific jack places to be used on the rails running under/behind the rocker panel between the wheels. I apologize for not publishing this issue sooner.

Found that on VWvortex.com

• 1 year later...
It seems after over a year of writing this piece that we were mistaken in the application of the jack pads. They are supposed to be simultaneously with a jack at the DEALER. Weight must be distributed equally across the four pads else bending of the body is likely to occur. That being said there are specific jack places to be used on the rails running under/behind the rocker panel between the wheels. I apologize for not publishing this issue sooner.

Found that on VWvortex.com

So was it decided that these are a waste of time then?

I've spotted that one of the bungs covering one of the front holes on my car is missing, so thought I'd replace the whole lot with these jacking pads. But if it's unsuitable for normal jacking (where only one corner at a time is jacked), then I won't bother.

I jack on the front rails anyway, but having pads on the back would be handy as there is little room for jacking back there.

Obviously it's impossible to have the weight evenly distributed when lifting the car, but I'm guessing that quote implies that it's OK to use these pads when using one of those 4 post lifter things that garages have. If so, that would still be handy as it would stop them using my sills!

• 10 months later...

I fitted them, so easy only took about 5 mins ,I used a trolly jack 2 put them in ,They seam 2 b fine only had the car up once @ the back 2 fit a arb.

Gonna do a oil change @ the weekend so i will have the front end up for a hour or so , Will let you kno if there is any problem

I am very tempted to purchase a set of these but I have read somewhere or other that the four holes under the vehicle were purely intended to be used by the Skoda factory for jig alignment purposes and not as a jacking point. But I could be wrong.