JKM Group Buy - KONI FSD & Eibach

JKM_Performance

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would like to lower my Octavia which has sports suspension, but dont want the ride to get any harder, which is the better option, Koni and Eibach or just the Koni with the sports springs?

Didn't know they were doing shocks for the passat as well tom or have you got shares in jkm now.;)

Me thinks you already know too much ;):rofl: Oh, and you are doing the right thing :thumbup:

They certainly do FSDs for the B5.5 Passat, but tbh I'm just interested in supporting JKM who I have had nothing but positive experiences with :)

And Paul - you know it makes sense. ;):thumbup:

Awesome appear to be cheaper even after the dreaded VAT is added.

JKM's price is all inclusive of VAT and delivery whereas Awesome includes neither but for the FSD's only they are comparable. More savings are made when you include the Eibach Springs and also fitting and there is the added benefit that you dont have to travel anywhere near as far to get them fitted if you live anywhere in the south of England!

So although Awesome may have a service to offer you guys in the North it's great to have a similar outlet offering competitive pricing here in the South.

Edit: I also note that the prices Awesome currently list are from last years trade list and do not include the recent price rise imposed by Koni.

Hmmm. Tempting. Had not planned on anything like this yet as the car is not yet 18 months old and I've had it only 5 weeks so can't really afford it, but if people say its as good as it is, then, um well dunno.

Do find it a bit wollowy sometimes and did have a little moment tonight on a roundabout - car is def not as planted as my Ibiza was on Bilstein's.

Also not wanting to really change stuff so early, rather wait till after warranty has ended.

Kate - how long would you hold them before I wanted them fitted if I only were to pay 50% in time and the balance when fitted?!

Ok I need some advice ;)

Is it going to be much lower than the standard setup?

The reason I ask is around where I live is speed hump city :thumbdwn: at the moment the car is fine over these speed humps even with the rear arb fitted :)

The car park at work however is another matter :mad: if I don't go out at an angle it scrapes my front bumper!

If it's going to mean stopping every 25 yards because the car is going to be bad over speed bumps then I'm not doing it :rolleyes:

If it's going to be ok then I'm in :D

The vRS is lowered 10mm from 'standard' and the eibachs will take it 15 - 20mm lower than this; this could put you in trouble with speed humps.

Suggest you got for just the FSDs, I did last year and have not regretted it.

Being a Herts man as well, I'd gladly meet up and take you out in mine to feel the difference. PM me if you're interested.

Hmmm. Tempting. Had not planned on anything like this yet as the car is not yet 18 months old and I've had it only 5 weeks so can't really afford it, but if people say its as good as it is, then, um well dunno.

Do find it a bit wollowy sometimes and did have a little moment tonight on a roundabout - car is def not as planted as my Ibiza was on Bilstein's.

Also not wanting to really change stuff so early, rather wait till after warranty has ended.

Kate - how long would you hold them before I wanted them fitted if I only were to pay 50% in time and the balance when fitted?!

PM sent Ryan

Kate